syn oil

Ldogss

i just change my oil today and rotated my tires at work today...got bored...i switched to Mobil 1 synthetic ...well after work i was driving normally ( foot to the floor) well anyhow it felt a little faster for some reason...i know it was just in my mind but has anyone had the same brain fart i didi know they are supposed to reduce fricton meaning more power but it did seem a little quicker or could i be dreaming :cheers:

IS IT BETTER TO RUN WITH SYNTHETIC OR IS JUST PREFERENCE(YEAH I'M A CHERRY THAT DOESN'T KNOW A WHOLE LOT)? :confused:

Running SYNTHETIC will allow your to change oil at a higher interval ie 5k instead of 3k. Disclaimer, before i get sh*t on, someone can correct me, but i believe the SYNTHETIC oil also doesn't break down or leave as much crap as fast.

In a couple hundred miles going from Mobile1 to Royal Purple.

Haynss,

yeah the synthetic are suppose to resist contaminates better and don't break down as fast as a petroleum based oil. i use Amsoil products and they claim that if you use there oil filter, you can have a 25000 mile drain interval. i never tryed to go that far with mine that far but i will go to at least 10000. Believe it or not, a company came out with an a synthetic oil that had a 300,000 mile drain interval and for some reason the big oil companies bought them out. Umm, i wonder why :confused:

This thought just crossed my mind @ first i was going to see if I could tell a difference between Mobile1 and royal purple(if any) but then i remembered that by the time i have a royal purple change in ill have a TC in as well. The results would be a little biased :D

• 2 weeks later...

I'm about coming due for my first oil change (have 2500 miles) and was just asking myself this very question on using good old oil, or the synthetic. Does anyone know if there really is that much of a difference between the two or not. I always do my own oil changes and am at a lost as to if I should use the same old oil I have always used, or if I should try the synthetic. And if I do try the synthetic and decide to go back to normal oil at a latter time, is this do able or no?

I think you will find that most on this board, myself included, use syn. oil. Breaking the truck in with dino oil is best as it's not as slippery, then switching to syntheticat the first oil change. I switched to Mobile One at about 600 miles.

My next oil change is going synthetic... I still have a few free ones left over from the Avalanche days. Co-workers have campaigned for me to for-go them in favor of syn.

I had a fluid 'exchange' to Mobil 1 on the trans a couple weeks ago. Dropped the temps a good 15-20 degrees.

I'm convinced.

WW :cool:

Archived