Z06 Brake Conversion

rudy91040

Ok, Just about ready to pull the trigger on this brake upgrade. And have two questions...

What are you guys doing for a spare that have done this mod? Fix a flat??/

I was never able to get contact info for a rotor source besides Baer, so can someone reply with the contact info for SuperSub? ( I do not have permission to PM or search members...guess it's probably due to lack of posts)

Thanks,

Todd

Ok, Just about ready to pull the trigger on this brake upgrade. And have two questions...

I was never able to get contact info for a rotor source besides Baer, so can someone reply with the contact info for SuperSub? ( I do not have permission to PM or search members...guess it's probably due to lack of posts)

Thanks,

Todd

I run 22's so i have a spare 22 tire/wheel combo i throw in the back if i leave town. I suppose you could look into a few different options, like you mentioned. Just do your homework on the right size spare in case you need it. Or have a really good tow service insurance policy.

As far as rotors, you can keep trying Ray, and if you get ahold of him he's a hell of a nice guy, but may take some time. I didn't ask him for help on the rotors so i'm not sure, but i can't imagine you'd save that much asking for his help in sourcing....BUT i may be wrong. I caught a decent end of year deal calling Baer directly. In the end, when it's time to pull the trigger, it's time to pull the trigger. Good luck

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks,

Todd

supersub's profile

Click on the "about me" tab and his phone number is in the signature

• 3 weeks later...

OK, Finished the fronts today and will do the rears tomorrow. I am not real crazy about the amount the pad that does not contact the rotors on the front. I am using the Hawk pads with this conversion and the pad hangs off the edge just a bit.

Is this what everyone else has seen as well?

Todd

OK, Finished the fronts today and will do the rears tomorrow. I am not real crazy about the amount the pad that does not contact the rotors on the front. I am using the Hawk pads with this conversion and the pad hangs off the edge just a bit.

Is this what everyone else has seen as well?

Todd

did you do the 14" or 15" rotors?

OK, got this done today and really like the results! Still trying to get the pads bedded in although I can tell a HUGE difference in the way this thing stops. My truck has 22" BBS wheels and needed some help in the stopping department after I put those on.

Very glad I did the upgrade.

Todd

OK, got this done today and really like the results! Still trying to get the pads bedded in although I can tell a HUGE difference in the way this thing stops. My truck has 22" BBS wheels and needed some help in the stopping department after I put those on.

Very glad I did the upgrade.

Todd

Pics or it didn't happen............

• 3 months later...

Got everything to do the install except the brackets. Have a complete 2011 zo6 if anyone wants to take on the 6 speed transaxel swap thinking im just going to just use the calipers.