Z06 Brake Conversion

rudy91040

Both of the above PMed and while I'm not making any more, I still have some available. So to anyone that is interested in doing the upgrade, once the kits are all gone I probably will not make any more so get them while you can.

Pm sent

Here's my take on all of this, FWIW....

1. Calipers - Got my calipers from a guy on ebay that has been selling them forever. If you ebay z06 calipers, you'll usually see at least a few sellers. They are usually listed as AC DELCO and GM with different numbers, but it doesn't take much research to get the numbers and figure it out. I called the ebay seller and made sure, and also talked him down a bit and he gave free shipping. All in all, around $1100 for all four. You'll find better deals, but be expected to spend a lot of time searching and rub your lucky penny.

2. Rotors - I called Baer directly and gave the info on numbers provided on this thread. 15" fronts Eradispeeds and 14" rears. They had a sale last November for about 10-15% off. Just went that route.... around $1000 IIRC.

3. Brackets - Rudy. Couldn't have gone smoother and they're great quality. Thanks Rudy !

4. Caliper pins for the vette rotors - I bought these from ebay seller corvette central.com. Around $180 shipped

5. Brake pads - Mr P gave me the name of a very standup guy....Sam Strano of stranoperformance 800-729-1831. He know his stuff with performance pads and will suggest based on what you want, but i ended up going with this: HB531F570 HPS C6 Z06 Front--Padlet design HB532F570 HPS C6 Z06 Rear--Padlet Design. They were about $270 shipped. A little cheaper than the one piece. But i went padlets because it was an easy install and will be easy to replace. Yet to be determined about how they wear, but brake dust isn't to bad.

6. Fluid - synthetic

7. Stainless lines - from summit

Hope this helps those of you that are on the fence about doing it. I like it alot and i love the look. I'll try to post a pic

post-8284-053827000 1317580239_thumb.jpg

post-8284-036418600 1317580226_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gasemall (see edit history)

Rudy,

I am interested in this conversion and would like more information on the mounting brackets and rotors. I sent you an email from [email protected] . I am also looking for contact information for the person you mention who can provide the rotors posted in your install.

Thanks,

Todd

The part numbers are a standard Baer part but most distributors won't stock them. Most distributors will have the rotor kit that includes a relocation bracket to reuse the stock caliper. You don't want the kit. There is no reason to spend money on the bracket you don't need. PM Ray aka supersub on this forum. He knows the part numbers and has the best price numbers last I checked.

I'll pm you about the brackets.

Rudy,

Received the brackets and hardware on Friday. They look great, thanks, now to save some Cash and get the rest of the parts. Well winter will be here soon and the truck will be put to bed so I have some time to find the DEALS.

Thanks,

Dave

Edited by David S (see edit history)

Ebay is your friend Dave. If you want to spend the next 6 months searching for the best deal, then maintain a steady connection to for sale threads on this forum, corvette central, other truck forums and where ever you think they might end up for sale. Otherwise, get a number from one of the ebay sellers, or email them, and try to deal with them. Unless you get lucky finding something that someone decided against using, ebay will prob be the best price. Good luck !!

Rudy,

Got the brackets on Friday and everything looks good. Looks like I am not able to PM members. Can you send me the contact info for supersub? I need to source the rotors. I was planning on adding stainless steel brake lines while I am making this upgrade. Russell #672470 is a five hose kit for the Silverado. Does the Silverado hose kit mate to the Z06 calipers with the factory caliper banjo bolts or do the calipers require a different banjo bolt?

Thanks,

Todd

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...