Z06 Brake Conversion

rudy91040

can someone rehost the images and re upload them into the original post? I suggest using imgur as photobucket is a horrible system and are now requiring stupid amounts of money from users to hotlink

We can hope, I guess. I'm thinking that the original owner of the pics would have to resize and re-upload them to a new host site and then edit their original posts, where they first added the pics, to replace the missing photos.

Photobucket going for the bucks and holding all their members photos for ransom has destroyed many threads with lost photos.

We can hope, I guess. I'm thinking that the original owner of the pics would have to resize and re-upload them to a new host site and then edit their original posts, where they first added the pics, to replace the missing photos.

Photobucket going for the bucks and holding all their members photos for ransom has destroyed many threads with lost photos.

Yes it has! I'm noticing it all over the web and it's pretty lame!

Yes it has! I'm noticing it all over the web and it's pretty lame!

It's pretty discouraging. I've been to several sites with how to type posts and they are all damaged by photobuckets money grabbing policy. At the same time "ya get what ya pay for" and I never gave PB a dime.

It's pretty discouraging. I've been to several sites with how to type posts and they are all damaged by photobuckets money grabbing policy. At the same time "ya get what ya pay for" and I never gave PB a dime.

Very true, but you did go through ads which is where a lot of "free" online stuffs male their money. I wouldn't be surprised is PB has a new owner.

I managed to pull the pics off of an archived version of the page. Up to an admin or OP to edit these into the post. Sorry they did not upload in order of how they were originally posted but I'm sure you can figure it out.

Front pics: http://imgur.com/a/niN9F

Rear pics: http://imgur.com/a/INZ6U

Edited by ThatTallCanadian (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

I managed to pull the pics off of an archived version of the page. Up to an admin or OP to edit these into the post. Sorry they did not upload in order of how they were originally posted but I'm sure you can figure it out.

Front pics: http://imgur.com/a/niN9F

Rear pics: http://imgur.com/a/INZ6U

Pics updated. Thanks man. :thumbsup: I'm not sure if I even have these pics anymore.

• 4 months later...

I have easily the best news since rudy made this possible. Baer finally makes a 2 piece rotor to fit this setup. There is bad news...they only have a set for the front. They don't make a 14" 2-piece rotor for the rear (not yet). I ordered these things on a whim after checking out the engineering specs. I honestly had no guarantee, but after i got them on, they cleared perfectly. Some things to note:

The pad tension clips will rub if not worked a little. Dont fret if they sit on the rotor though. You need to set the rotor on the hub, grab 2 lug nuts and the 2 washers off the caliper bolts and tighten them slowly back and forth until the rotor seats (don't forget to put the washers back)....or just wire brush any rust off. Then once you torque the wheels on they will seat 100% and the clips will just have enough clearance. 100 ft lbs of torque on the wheels!!!! No more. These are aluminum hats.

They are significantly lighter. I dont have a scale but id say close to half the weight. If you have ever put 2 piece rotors on anything you know the difference they make in both cooling and weight loss at the hubs.

They can be ordered in slotted, drilled, or both.

They are pricey. $895 a pair. Yup. Thats nothing, my 370z's were about 1200 a pair and only 14". This is a bargain. I unfortunately havent gotten to test drive them due to transmission issues but im sure it will be noticeable.

Here are the part numbers:
Rotor hats - 6140084 (need 2)
Friction disc - 6910309 (note these are directional, also i ordered slotted only)
Friction disc - 6920309 (note these are directional, also i ordered slotted only)
Hat bolts - 6060061 (need 24)
Hat lock nuts - 6160010 (need 24)

They will come pre-assembled if you order everything. I dont think there is a part number for the entire disc assembly. If you tell them the part numbers for the original 2 front discs in this post then they should be able to get you the 2 piece version. I recommend talking to mark fowler. You have to specify z06 monoblocks on a silverado, but he should understand. His contact is :

602-233-1411 ext:7012
[email protected]

Enjoy!

post-22981-0-13261800-1519361186_thumb.jpg

post-22981-0-64887700-1519361201_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...