Z06 Brake Conversion

rudy91040

Napa does not offer the Z06 calipers, only pads and pins.

Where did you guys source your calipers from?, like I said Carquest want a code of the door to tell what caliper it is despite me telling him I need Z06 calipers.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Sorry I've been MIA lately. My new little girl has been keeping me busy. Anyway, the price is still the same. Yes, I still have some left. I believe somewhere around 25 or so. Most likely I won't be making any more once they are gone. Anyone interested in getting a set can email my at [email protected]. As to what year the calipers are from Id have to look it up using the part numbers in the first post. If a parts store is giving you a hard time just give them the AC Delco part number. For the calipers, new, check eBay and sometimes Craigslist. Used, eBay, Craigslist, Corvette forums, google search for people parting out Corvettes etc.

Edited by rudy91040 (see edit history)

Two questions:

I currently have the two piece Baer Eradispeed +1 rotors. Will this set up work with these?

The Z06 has a fixedrear end and the SIlverado has a floating with c-clips. Any issues there?

Thanks,

Scott

Two questions:

I currently have the two piece Baer Eradispeed +1 rotors. Will this set up work with these?

The Z06 has a fixedrear end and the SIlverado has a floating with c-clips. Any issues there?

Thanks,

Scott

1) IIRC they will work. I'm pretty sure that is what supersub (Ray) was using when he remade these brackets.

2) With the front brackets that has been accounted for, but make sure the caliper is centered over the rotor just incase. I had to shim the rears because the pins between the brake pads were making a groove in the rotors.

What years of corvettes can you use brakes from?

2006-2012. Make sure they are for the Z06 or Grand Sport, not the base model Corvettes. The part numbers provided are for the Z06 calipers. I don't know that Grand Sport part numbers, but other than being a different color, I've been told they are the same caliper.

Edited by rudy91040 (see edit history)

Two questions:

Thanks,

Scott

AS long as they are the 15" rotors and not the 14" rotors they will work fine. If by chance you have the 14" rotors, you can simply swap the rotors since its a two piece design and use the same hats.

There have been no issues with the rear brackets that I make that I've been made aware of. Only issues I've heard of with rear brackets is with a bracket made by another person. Those brackets didn't have any offset built into them to center the caliper over the rotors. JF-03-SS and a few other people I've heard of have had the guide pins rub their rotors. To my knowledge, there have only been a couple of people that had to shim their calipers to center them over the rotor using my brackets. Most are able to bolt them on and be done. But as with any modification, double check all clearances to make sure nothing is dragging or rubbing that shouldn't.