Z06 Brake Conversion

rudy91040

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

OK, after having done this mod and driving for a while...love the rotors and calipers...hate Hawk pads! Hawks are the most dusty pads I have ever used!

NAPA is now offering the replacement Z06 pads and the replacment caliper pins for whole bunch less than ebay! I will change the pads soon just get rid of the dust. Will measure laternal runout on the rotors as well while I am at it.

Todd

OK, after having done this mod and driving for a while...love the rotors and calipers...hate Hawk pads! Hawks are the most dusty pads I have ever used!

NAPA is now offering the replacement Z06 pads and the replacment caliper pins for whole bunch less than ebay! I will change the pads soon just get rid of the dust. Will measure laternal runout on the rotors as well while I am at it.

Todd

Let me know if these new pads are less dusty.

Yeah. $1200 is the asking price for all 4 Calipers new. Brackets were $300. Rotors were $1100 through supersub. Pads can vary in price, and then if you go stainless brake lines, theres another $150 or so. All said and done, id say about $2800. Which, compared to $4800 Brembo and Wilwood kits, is pretty cheap.

Edited by MID12sSSS (see edit history)

Hey Rudy what dose a set of the caliper brackets cost?

What year brake calipers are applicable to this swap? 07 till present?

Trying to weigh my options of what route I am going to go!

The front kit is $200 and the rear kit is $150 if purchased separately. If you get them both at the same time you save $50, so the total is $300. Those prices are shipping included. I ship Priority mail insured and signature required so we are both protected. Those prices also include all new 10.9 zinc coated hardware for mounting everything except for the rear kit that reuses four factory bolts. The banjo bolts, washers, pads, calipers and rotors will need to be purchased separately.

If you have any other questions or concerns don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks

Rudy

(DONT QUOTE ME ON THIS. Not sure if prices went up or not. And be sure to PM him so he can get the ball rolling on the paperwork. There is a release agreement you need to settle with him with every kit you buy, just so you're both covered. Rudy is a great guy to deal with and has awesome brackets to offer)

Edited by MID12sSSS (see edit history)