Z06 Brake Conversion

rudy91040

I guess this might be my first post here, cause I can't PM you Rudy.

Do you have anything that will allow this to work on a NNBS truck?

I may have something for you.

So I've been told by Ray, aka supersub, on here that the adapter brackets will work with the nnbs trucks. Email me [email protected]

Edited by rudy91040 (see edit history)

I have most of the parts also, but i'd love to hear what others are using for pads from the typical GM pads on up to the good ones, what the going rate is for cost of the pads, and what everyone is using for caliper pins/bolts. I've been searching alot and what i see is the GM pads include the pins and are outrageous at $450-$500 complete set. They want $21 EACH for just the pins if you buy them seperately (28 pins if you use the padlets!) I know there are aftermarket pins so if you have used them, please chime in......Thanks.

Hope this isn't thread hijacking...just seems like it fits in this thread. Any objections, i'll start a new one.

I have most of the parts also, but i'd love to hear what others are using for pads from the typical GM pads on up to the good ones, what the going rate is for cost of the pads, and what everyone is using for caliper pins/bolts. I've been searching alot and what i see is the GM pads include the pins and are outrageous at $450-$500 complete set. They want $21 EACH for just the pins if you buy them seperately (28 pins if you use the padlets!) I know there are aftermarket pins so if you have used them, please chime in......Thanks.

Hope this isn't thread hijacking...just seems like it fits in this thread. Any objections, i'll start a new one.

I use the powerstop evolution pads on my tahoe with the z06 swap and ive had 0 issues stop great and there quiet and havent noticed excess brake dust my .02

• 2 weeks later...

Gasemall :

I have had this setup for a few months on my Sierra Denail and love it. I tried a set of HAWK HP Plus pads and absolutely hated them, needless to say they are a track rated pad.

Went to the stock GM pads, which by the way, come with all of the pins, and they work very well but tons of dust, just like my Z06. Great stopping power when you needed it but dusty.

Next, I am getting a set of HAWK HPS pads, same ones I have on my Camaro SS, and they bite in great, no noise, and very little dust. I think this will be my pad of choice.

Just my two cents.

Next, I am getting a set of HAWK HPS pads, same ones I have on my Camaro SS, and they bite in great, no noise, and very little dust. I think this will be my pad of choice.

I've been running the Hawk HPS pads for 2 1/2 years now and I have to agree with you. I liked them enough to run them on my Subaru too.

• 1 month later...

Gasemall :

I have had this setup for a few months on my Sierra Denail and love it. I tried a set of HAWK HP Plus pads and absolutely hated them, needless to say they are a track rated pad.

Went to the stock GM pads, which by the way, come with all of the pins, and they work very well but tons of dust, just like my Z06. Great stopping power when you needed it but dusty.

Just my two cents.

Do you have a part number for the HAWK HPS's for the front vette caliper conversion?

Found one of the boxes as I was running out the door this am:

HB532 F.570

D1185

HPS

Assuming this is front set.

I opted for the padlets over the one piece pads because the price was about $100 difference for all. They were easy to install but the verdict is out on which will be better, padlets or one piece.

You can search all over for the best price, but I went with Sam Strano of stranoparts.com

Based on a recommendation. His prices were competitive and he's a very helpful guy. Quick shipment and a great resource person. 800-729-1831. He has other brands as well.

:withstupid::withstupid:

Sam Strano is the f'n man - his FUNCTIONAL braking and suspension knowledge is extensive across all GM and Ford products, he's built and run 'em all. Great guy to talk to, real car guy, humble racer, and super competitive on his prices.

Mr. P.

Rudy you still making these brackets? If so can you pm me a price for front and back... thanks

PM sent

Don't need to make them. Have more than a few sitting in my garage so if anyone knows anybody that needs the brackets I'll kick you down a few bucks for referring them to me.