Z06 Brake Conversion

rudy91040

Whats everyone getting mileage wise on rotors, I am seeing alot of post about baer's rotors not lasting long and cracking plus the cost of said junk rotors is turning me off, talking to ssbc from what i hear better rotor for less..

rudy you got any rotor specs I mainly need a measurement from inside of rotor to axle flange face to inside rotor face.

If possible are you able to make adjustments to your brackets to accomodate a different rotor with same diameter if the offset is different?

If so i can do the leg work on my kit....

Thanks

PFC Coss

All the brckets that I have are all finished and ready to ship. If you choose to modify them for another rotor its up to you. I cannot say that they will or will no work with the SSBC rotors. If SSBC makes a rotor that is identical then in theory it should work, but I can't promise anything. I can try and get you the measurements, but I'd bet Baer probably has that info on their site or a tech might know if you called them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This is a great upgrade and rudy91040 makes a awesome adapter bracket!

I just completed this upgrade and took a few more notes that I will post here.

1. Make sure the calipers are installed correctly, L and R side. If you dont know from the part numbers, bleeder screws always go up, to let air out. Might not sound like a big deal until you try to bleed the brakes, it wont happen.

2. The Hawk HPS Ferro Carbon pads are the loudest brakes I have ever used in my brake changing career. Great bite and grab, horrible noise for daily street use. Decided to use GM pads.

3. The brake lines, at least on my Sierra Denali AWD, had to be tweaked a little besides being invertered 180 degrees. I had to file down the aluminum square block so the banjo bolt and washer would seal properly.

4. If you plug the lines with some vacuum caps immediately after you break the brake line system open, you will minimize the amount of fluid loss in the system and your chance of getting air back into the abs brake modulator.

Thanks for all of the information on this site from everybody, it was definitely necessary.

FYI, if anyone needs a new set of caliper pins for these Z06 calipers, I have a set for sale, cheaper than the dealer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...