Z06 Brake Conversion

rudy91040

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm looking to do the Z06 brake conversion, but I have a question about which calipers to use. I see that the Z06 comes with two brake options - the J56 RPO which uses with the calipers shown on page 1 of this thread and 14" x 1.25" steel rotors, and J57 RPO which uses slightly different calipers made by Brembo and larger 15" x 1.328" Carbon Ceramic rotors. My question is, would the Brembo calipers work with this bracket? Or would the caliper sit too far out since it was originally designed to be used with 15" rotors, while the base Z06 was designed for a 14" rotor? I'm thinking that since the base Z06 calipers originally used 14" rotors but they fit best with 15" rotors on this truck, would a 16" rotor be ideal (like the ones used in the Wilwood kit which are 16"x1.38") with the Brembo calipers since they are used with a 15" rotor on the Z06? Or do you think the Baer 15" rotors would still work okay? Has anyone tried them?

I found a place where I can get all 4 of the Brembo calipers for $1,000 which is about what I can find the base Z06 calipers for, and I like the looks of the Brembos better so I'd rather go with those if they will work.

J56/base Z06 caliper:

172-2552_Primary.jpg

J57/Brembo caliper:

172-2516_Primary.jpg

Edited by jleonard71 (see edit history)

I'm looking to do the Z06 brake conversion, but I have a question about which calipers to use. I see that the Z06 comes with two brake options - the J56 RPO which uses with the calipers shown on page 1 of this thread and 14" x 1.25" steel rotors, and J57 RPO which uses slightly different calipers made by Brembo and larger 15" x 1.328" Carbon Ceramic rotors. My question is, would the Brembo calipers work with this bracket? Or would the caliper sit too far out since it was originally designed to be used with 15" rotors, while the base Z06 was designed for a 14" rotor? I'm thinking that since the base Z06 calipers originally used 14" rotors but they fit best with 15" rotors on this truck, would a 16" rotor be ideal (like the ones used in the Wilwood kit which are 16"x1.38") with the Brembo calipers since they are used with a 15" rotor on the Z06? Or do you think the Baer 15" rotors would still work okay? Has anyone tried them?

I found a place where I can get all 4 of the Brembo calipers for $1,000 which is about what I can find the base Z06 calipers for, and I like the looks of the Brembos better so I'd rather go with those if they will work.

J56/base Z06 caliper:

172-2552_Primary.jpg

J57/Brembo caliper:

172-2516_Primary.jpg

The ones on the bottom are not z06 calipers, they are used on the zr1. Those won't work for this application. You need the J56.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...