Z06 Brake Conversion

rudy91040

Thanks man! Had to do something different. I had my powdercoater do that for me. He said it took an extra coat to make them look good enough for him to send them out. Needless to say, I was happy lol.

It was a great idea and your guy did a first class job. :thumbsup:

I had no idea you could get that look with powder coating.

It was a great idea and your guy did a first class job. :thumbsup:

I had no idea you could get that look with powder coating.

Yeah they're doing metallic and pearls now. They actually have some pretty awesome powders out now! I need to just put em on and post some pics up lol.

Yeah they're doing metallic and pearls now. They actually have some pretty awesome powders out now! I need to just put em on and post some pics up lol.

Yea, they will look sweet on your truck. I need to look into powder coater's in my area, I don't have much of an idea as to whats available, anymore.

• 2 months later...

Are those 20's?

That looks amazing

Thanks man! They are 22x9 all around. The rear offset is different so it can have a decent lip in the back but still 9" wide so I can run the same tire all around for the awd.

Thanks man! They are 22x9 all around. The rear offset is different so it can have a decent lip in the back but still 9" wide so I can run the same tire all around for the awd.

Sweet deal. Those are some beautiful wheels.

so is this conversion just for the looks or do they perform better as well?

Going from 2 piston floating caliper to a 6 piston fixed caliper, and from about a 12" rotor to a 15", you're definitely going to notice a huge difference in stopping power. The aesthetic benefit is secondary.