bigger brakes

johnsen

I had this under the Ceramic post.

If you go to www.baer.com they have a kit for GM trucks. It contains a set of four cross drilled rotors and brakets the will use your existing calipers. I think the rotors are 15" up front not sure what the rear are. The bracket will move your existing calipers outward to accomidate the larger rotors.

The only draw back is the price tag about 1,100-1,300 for the kit. I will probably go to it in a few years. They look awsome and Baer is one of the best in the business.

i know about that bear price tag, i was thinking about getting a set for my chevelle. as for the truck, i'm just looking for some big slotted rotors because i have heard cross drilled arn't good for daily drivers because they can break when they get too hot. i think bear has slotted rotors also, but not sure. i guess i have to check it out.

found a pretty cool brake kit from baer. it's called eradispeed+1, it uses your stock callipers with brackets to relocate them and comes with 15 inch crossed-drilled and slotted rotors, front and rear, for $1300. sure beats paying an extra $1700 just for diffirent callipers.

Archived