3000 Stall With Stock Cam?

Basically just wanting to know how a 3000 stall is going to drive with a built trans and stock cam. Im wanting to go ahead and put in the new tc because the trans will already be out and being replaced with a built one. just a little weary of how my truck will drive with a 3000 stall and stock cam. any info would be awesome

Zach

I agree with the above replies. You will have a big performance increase with a 3000 stall. Add a good cam down the road and it will just add to the gains over stock. A good choice IMHO.

haha heck yeah. thanks for all the support guys! im definitely gunna go for it now. Mr. Wheatley, we have some tuning to do peelout.gif

it will be a whole different truck. with a 3000 youll hardly notice it on the street till you get into it

It's settled, I'm doin it! Haha. Already have the new tranny cooler ordered, picking up the converter next week and hopefully getting it all put in in two to three weeks! I'm defintely stoked to say the least :D anyone know what I can get out of my stock tranny and converter? Everything is still in great shape and shifts great, just need to get rid of it to help pay for the new stuff. To my knowledge the tranny was rebuilt right before I bought the truck so it's only got around 20-25k miles on it since.

• 2 weeks later...

What kind of gains are to be had with the 3000 stall on nearly stock truck? Few tenths? Much quicker off the line? Sorry, kinda a hi-jack. I've never driven or ridden in anything with other than a stock tc. I have a TBTC sitting, is it going to make much difference or would I be better waiting and getting a 3000 stall?

What kind of gains are to be had with the 3000 stall on nearly stock truck? Few tenths? Much quicker off the line? Sorry, kinda a hi-jack. I've never driven or ridden in anything with other than a stock tc. I have a TBTC sitting, is it going to make much difference or would I be better waiting and getting a 3000 stall?

I had a 3200 stall, long tube headers, and wheatley tune and ran a 13.78. That was when I had a stock cam. The stall dropped my 1/4 time .5 and I was cutting 1.85 60s

And I think a TB converter is like a 2400-2600 stall.

Edited by Red03SillSS (see edit history)