Tru-Cool Max 47391 Install Brackets 4739 Trucool

Are these brackets just to make the finish product look nicer than the brackets that come with the kit? I have the 47391 coming in the mail that I will be installing myself. What are you using to cut the passenger side line? What is used for the fitting? I am not sure I'll have the correct tools.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Installed my tru cool max with these brackets and let me tell you that was the easiest install I ever did in my truck. I would highly recommend this, I will post pictures as soon as I figure out my phone Lol

• 1 month later...

These brackets are to bolt a Tru-Cool Max 4739 Transmission cooler to a 1500 Silverado. It uses all the factory bolt locations so no drilling is required. These brackets are made out of 1/8" Aluminum. The driver side transmission line did not need any modification other than being pulled over a couple of inches. The passenger transmission line has to be cut and spun about 180*. This is done by cutting the line, spinning it 180* and using a standard compression fitting to put it back together.

My transmission temps are about 160* with a Yank TT3000 (stalling at 3600rpm behind a 408) in 70*~80* weather. I've been running this exact setup for over a year now with no problems.

These are ready to ship.

$55 shipped for just the brackets.

$70 shipped for the brackets and all necessary hardware to install the brackets. Includes quick disconnect fittings for the cooler, compression fitting, bolts, and nuts. You get everything as pictured except for the temp sensor. That is just to show that there is a spot for the temp sensor to snap into.

I also sell the Tru-Cool Max 4739 Cooler as well. It is $140 shipped or $205 shipped with the brackets and hardware.

I believe I have Tru-Cool Max 4739 Transmission cooler installed on my '03' Silversdo SS {looks the same as your pics}. I'd like to clean up the install - I'm interested in purchasing the brackets and all necessary hardware to install the brackets {including quick disconnect fittings for the cooler, compression fitting, bolts, and nuts}. $70 shipped to 55803? What is your paypal address?

Thanks,

Tim

• 3 weeks later...

yesterday drove out in 88-90 weather and 20 minutes into my trip my tranny temp was at 180 and stayed there. ive checked my oil for a funky smell seems fine. just had its 100k tune up. is that normal for its shooting hi like that after a tune up? or was it that my truck was out under the sun and basically hot weather? i started looking into this and found about these tranny coolers? i also ran into e fans? what would you guys recommend? summer just started and my tranny didnt feel right at all. i have a 2004 SS. would that same model form above fit 2004?

thanks guys.

• 4 weeks later...

Do you have the kit for NBS?

I assume you mean 07+ trucks. I do not have a direct fit kit for those, at least not until someone brings one by so I can measure it up.

There have been a couple people that have adapted my brackets to fit 07+ but it is not a direct fit by any means.

will it hurt the truck to put this on and it just being a pretty much stock truck other the a air aid jr kit and magnaflow exhaust and bb tune??

No it won't. My truck would hit over 200* when it was stock in the hot summer heat, especially if I was towing or doing a lot of stop and go driving.

Ideally, you don't want your trans temp to ever hit 200* or over.

• 1 month later...

Just got mine in the mail.

Guess I shouldve asked the golden question: Will this fit NBS? Answer: No.

Brackets wont work, I have to figure something else out on mounting. I am hoping that everything else I have will work, since I dont have the hose and everything it would have originally come with like the hose and clamps.