Sunday Dinner - Who Likes Turkey?

Thought I'd share ...

Had the whole family over for Sunday dinner on the porch. Brined a 14.5 pound Turkey and did 7 pounds of Spare Ribs. Smoked to perfection, and slow cooked all day long. After a 8.5 hour stint in the Smoker, I took out the Turkey to let it rest for about 45 minutes. So Juicy ... So yummy ... [Pics are with my cell phone]

#1 - Brine your Turkey (for at least 12 hours, this was done for about 18)

5.jpg

#2 - Poke the wings up under the skin, and tie off the wings tight.

3.jpg

#3 - Load up the smoker. Ribs on top, to drip on turkey, to help keep moist. Once Ribs are done, I replace with a pound of super fatty bacon, to do the same effect.

7.jpg

#4 - Smoke Baby Smoke

6.jpg

2.jpg

#5 - Only 8-9 hrs later ... The beautiful finished product ... So yummy, and juicy ...

4.jpg

1.jpg

Absolutely some of the best Turkey you'll ever have ... :thumbs:

That looks awesome Shaun!

I can't wait to get a smoker.

What kind of rub do you use on your ribs?

I haven't reallly found one I like more. I use a TON of Garlic Powder and some dry rub I found in the store. My problem is that I haven't found a decent butcher for Ribs. Stop & Shop sucks in the Meat department. Pay through the nose for crap. I'll find some good ones someday. And at some point, I'll make my own dry rub.

I've never been a fan of turkey until fried turkey... never had smoked turkey though.

You'll love it Brad ... The key is not to Over Smoke it ... Just a nice juicy and slightly smokey taste ... Super yummy. The last two Thanksgivings we did one Smoked and one Deep Fried Turkeys. I think this year, we'll smoke it first and then Deep fry it ... Now that should be Spectactular!!!!!

Thanks for the comments guys ...

BTW ... its an Original Bradley Smoker and I cooked it at about 210*F for the 8-9 hrs.

I haven't reallly found one I like more. I use a TON of Garlic Powder and some dry rub I found in the store. My problem is that I haven't found a decent butcher for Ribs. Stop & Shop sucks in the Meat department. Pay through the nose for crap. I'll find some good ones someday. And at some point, I'll make my own dry rub.

You'll love it Brad ... The key is not to Over Smoke it ... Just a nice juicy and slightly smokey taste ... Super yummy. The last two Thanksgivings we did one Smoked and one Deep Fried Turkeys. I think this year, we'll smoke it first and then Deep fry it ... Now that should be Spectactular!!!!!

Thanks for the comments guys ...

BTW ... its an Original Bradley Smoker and I cooked it at about 210*F for the 8-9 hrs.

I'll definatley have to try smoked turkey once.