400Hp-500Hp

i have a 06 ccsb LQ9. im looking to get about 400-500 to the wheels. what do you guys recommend? i have a tune, flowmaster 70 series(came with the truck) drop in knn filter getting volant in a couple weeks. thanks

i have a 06 ccsb LQ9. im looking to get about 400-500 to the wheels. what do you guys recommend? i have a tune, flowmaster 70 series(came with the truck) drop in knn filter getting volant in a couple weeks. thanks

TVS2300 + 4l80 transmission.

Radix w/3.0 pulley, headers, stall, shift kit

-or-

moderate street cam/rods/springs/injectors, headers, stall, shift kit

i think ill go the second route. its a bit cheaper and its my DD so i dont want to lose my drivability. and MPG. what are the best bang for the buck on parts? i dont want to go much more than $1700.

i think ill go the second route. its a bit cheaper and its my DD so i dont want to lose my drivability. and MPG. what are the best bang for the buck on parts? i dont want to go much more than $1700.

lol $1700 wont buy you the parts to do either. seriously though if you are worried about the truck keeping its daily drivability charactristics, then you will want to go the blower route. Its like stock until you put the pedal on the floor.

lol $1700 wont buy you the parts to do either. seriously though if you are worried about the truck keeping its daily drivability charactristics, then you will want to go the blower route. Its like stock until you put the pedal on the floor.

:withstupid: :withstupid: :withstupid: :withstupid: :withstupid: :withstupid: :withstupid: :withstupid: :withstupid: :withstupid: :withstupid: :withstupid:

damn i was hoping it would. but i guess ill just keep saving and do the right thing thats best for my driving. im still young have plenty of time but i just want everything now. im impatient. its prob bout 8k to get a good radix, to make it reliable. i dont know much when it comes to that. peelout.gifcheers.giftongue.gif

no deff. not 8k for a supercharger, more like 5 brand new and and a few more hundred to do the tranny upgrades, you really need to do alot of research to get your pricing right. you can also find a good radix or procharger used for like 3k so theres all different routes to fit your budget just do some searching until you think youve found something good.

Edited by 03silv.ss (see edit history)

If I were to get one and put a TVS on it; how strong is the LQ9 bottom end? And I would also imagine putting some money into the trans to keep that going after the blower install as well.

Your trans will need to be beefed up with a shift kit, servos, accumulator pistons, larger cooler, and stall for the blower. The LQ9 lower half is veeery strong, there are members here that have run mid 11 second quarter miles on the stock lower half, 250 shot of nitrous, superchargers, etc.

its prob bout 8k to get a good radix, to make it reliable. i dont know much when it comes to that.

no deff. not 8k for a supercharger, more like 5 brand new and and a few more hundred to do the tranny upgrades, you really need to do alot of research to get your pricing right. you can also find a good radix or procharger used for like 3k so theres all different routes to fit your budget just do some searching until you think youve found something good.

Yes and no to both, if you can find a decent used Radix for $3000, that is one route you can go, but if the history of the blower is sketchy, then it would be wise to send it to Magnacharger for an overhaul, which is another $1000. You can get a new intercooled 112 Radix for between $4000-$5000 if you do your homework and shop around. Plan on adding headers to the list as exhaust flow will be critical, you need to get the exhaust moving out and flowing.......figure $500-$1500 depending on what you choose. Transmission, you will need a larger cooler, shift kit, accumulator pistons, and servos at the very least, so add around $250-$300 for that. The next is optional, but is somewhat of a recommendation to get the most from your blower.......a stall. Figure a quality torque converter is gonna run somewhere between $600-$1000. If you also add up all the little miscelaneous items that go into building a truck up in this manner, it is very easy to reach that $8000 mark.....

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)

Your trans will need to be beefed up with a shift kit, servos, accumulator pistons, larger cooler, and stall for the blower. The LQ9 lower half is veeery strong, there are members here that have run mid 11 second quarter miles on the stock lower half, 250 shot of nitrous, superchargers, etc.

Yes and no to both, if you can find a decent used Radix for $3000, that is one route you can go, but if the history of the blower is sketchy, then it would be wise to send it to Magnacharger for an overhaul, which is another $1000. You can get a new intercooled 112 Radix for between $4000-$5000 if you do your homework and shop around. Plan on adding headers to the list as exhaust flow will be critical, you need to get the exhaust moving out and flowing.......figure $500-$1500 depending on what you choose. Transmission, you will need a larger cooler, shift kit, accumulator pistons, and servos at the very least, so add around $250-$300 for that. The next is optional, but is somewhat of a recommendation to get the most from your blower.......a stall. Figure a quality torque converter is gonna run somewhere between $600-$1000. If you also add up all the little miscelaneous items that go into building a truck up in this manner, it is very easy to reach that $8000 mark.....

yes thats what i meant by 8k. is everything along with the maggy. trans upgrades, coolers, shift kit, stall, everything to insure my truck wont break after i install it all. i want it to last.

• 11 months later...