Quad Turbo Dirty Max.

shawnss

hes a pretty busy kid as it is. hes always welding stuff up for other people. he really wants to build a TT kit for my SS. i told him when hes done with his od let him start on my. :dbanana:

he can use your truck as a mock up and produce some kit and sell em on here :thumbs:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Any updates?

yes its getting really close to being fired up. i was just at his place a week ago but for got to take the camera. he has a few little things to fab up then hes hope to have it running. he said by the end of the month. i will get some video after its running. it should be a beast. they just took the dirty max drag truck to vegas and ran a 8.8 in the 1/4 so they were pretty jacked about that.

• 5 weeks later...

i still dont see how the larger turbos feed the intake side of the smaller ones. the smaller ones cant handle or produce the boost the big ones can. i just want to see it in action. its just a little strange to me

i still dont see how the larger turbos feed the intake side of the smaller ones. the smaller ones cant handle or produce the boost the big ones can. i just want to see it in action. its just a little strange to me

How exactly is a rainbow made? How exactly does the sun set? How exactly does a positrack rear end on a Plymouth work? It just does!

It looks to me like the smaller turbo will spool the larger one by pulling air through it before the exhaust starts it spinning. Looks odd at first until you realise the output of the larger one is going into the air inlet of the smaller one. That mean the smaller one will spool up first and pull on the larger one. Crazy looking setup but interesting. I wonder if you could use 4 cheap ass turbos and run a setup like this on a gas burner.

It looks to me like the smaller turbo will spool the larger one by pulling air through it before the exhaust starts it spinning. Looks odd at first until you realise the output of the larger one is going into the air inlet of the smaller one. That mean the smaller one will spool up first and pull on the larger one. Crazy looking setup but interesting. I wonder if you could use 4 cheap ass turbos and run a setup like this on a gas burner.

thats the thing, the exhaust is fed through the BIG one first. meaning it will be the first to spool pushing air into the intake side of the smaller one which cannot handle the amount of boost the diesel will need. i have seen many compound setups and the way it works is the smaller one is fed from the exhaust, its outlet goes into the exhaust side of larger one and that creates cooler air ro spool the larger one to feed the motor. this isnt even backwards from what ive seen, its sideways....

thats the thing, the exhaust is fed through the BIG one first. meaning it will be the first to spool pushing air into the intake side of the smaller one which cannot handle the amount of boost the diesel will need. i have seen many compound setups and the way it works is the smaller one is fed from the exhaust, its outlet goes into the exhaust side of larger one and that creates cooler air ro spool the larger one to feed the motor. this isnt even backwards from what ive seen, its sideways....

Go back and look at the first pic again. The headers from the engine feed the smaller turbo only. The exhaust side of the smaller turbo feeds the larger one.

Edited by ss454327 (see edit history)

have you seen this link http://www.atsdiesel.com/ats2/templates/template_06.asp?p=2029932272&c=36. he has it just how they want him to run it. its not like this is something that was just thrown together. he has done his homework on this. he works at a diesel shop for a living. hell this isnt the first compound he has done. its just the first quad turbo compound he has done. heres a video of the truck that he helped build/work on

this truck is from my town. Its the owner of the diesel shop he works for truck. Edited by shawnss (see edit history)

Are you sure he is doing it right? Maybe he just didn't re-check it this whole time he has been fabricating, measuring, and mocking things up. I think the link you posted up is wrong too. Im gonna laugh the first time he hits the gas and it goes backwards. :rolleyes::jester: