Quad Turbo Dirty Max.

shawnss

doent make sense though. i understand compound turbos but the larger turbo is feeding the intake side of the smaller ones.... y not have the smaller ones spool the larger ones?

in order to make 100+psi he needs the little turbos to spool the big turbos. the small turbo wont make enough boost that he wants. they would only make like 60psi together and that would be working them pretty hard. he will have a WGs on both small turbo so when the big turbos get spooled they will dump and then the big turbos will take over. its a diesel thing. tons of compound turbos are set up this way at least it the diesel world. the guy's shop that hes building this truck in has a pro stock diesel drag truck with twins and he set his up the same way and it works well and the truck runs 9.20s and make 110 psi all day longs.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

doent make sense though. i understand compound turbos but the larger turbo is feeding the intake side of the smaller ones.... y not have the smaller ones spool the larger ones?

im going to have to agree with bob on this one im a lil' confused myself.... please explainconfused.gif i no nothing about how this works.

nice, why dont guys do this on gas setups? too much boost? lol

yes im sure the most boost ive seen pushed on these LS motor is like 30psi and that pretty high still. ive watched a few evo's and sti's run like 50psi on a fully built motor. kinda crazy boost these diesels put out. :peelout:

Where does a 20 y/o get those kinda funds?

well i know he know how to weld like no other. he builds drag chassis for a living. he also got a pretty sweet sponsor ship. funny thing is. that when he sent in for his sponsorship he didn't think anything would come of it. then he got a phone call and the company said they would stand behind him all the way. this kids all about turbos to. he has a turboed snow mobile and a turboed jet ski which he built turbo kits for both of them. he also does all his own tuning.

Thats pretty F-ing nice. :thumbs: Not to be a nit-picker but the rear tires are directional tread and are on the going in the wrong direction :noway: sure they will will be swapped before it hit the road.

i agree with bob i have a dmax myself and you spool the big turbos with the little ones this guy plumbed it backwards hes spooling the little ones withthe big ones.

in order to make 100+psi he needs the little turbos to spool the big turbos. the small turbo wont make enough boost that he wants. they would only make like 60psi together and that would be working them pretty hard. he will have a WGs on both small turbo so when the big turbos get spooled they will dump and then the big turbos will take over. its a diesel thing. tons of compound turbos are set up this way at least it the diesel world. the guy's shop that hes building this truck in has a pro stock diesel drag truck with twins and he set his up the same way and it works well and the truck runs 9.20s and make 110 psi all day longs.

ok there you go you said it yourself. Call you buddy and see if he is as good with a cutting torchas he is a welder cause its plumbed backwards while he is at it tell hm to cut up the gay ass rockstar wheels too.

The cold side of the smaller garret should feed the exhuast side of the larger turbo the cold side of the larger turbo should be intercooled to the intake. both inlets of the turbos having breathers on them this setup doenst make senses

ok ok after understanding how compound turbos work i retract my statement hes got it right. but he still need to get rid of the played out true fire and cut up the rockstars other than that he should see 8s if he can drive and has a good tranny setup and suspension. he also will see well over 3000 ftlbs

Edited by MIDNIGHTRIDR (see edit history)

well i know he know how to weld like no other. he builds drag chassis for a living. he also got a pretty sweet sponsor ship. funny thing is. that when he sent in for his sponsorship he didn't think anything would come of it. then he got a phone call and the company said they would stand behind him all the way. this kids all about turbos to. he has a turboed snow mobile and a turboed jet ski which he built turbo kits for both of them. he also does all his own tuning.

looks like he might have a pretty bright future ahead of him, building turbo systems like the and tuning for those systems at 20, thats crazy...

-Rob

i agree with bob i have a dmax myself and you spool the big turbos with the little ones this guy plumbed it backwards hes spooling the little ones withthe big ones.

ok there you go you said it yourself. Call you buddy and see if he is as good with a cutting torchas he is a welder cause its plumbed backwards while he is at it tell hm to cut up the gay ass rockstar wheels too.

The cold side of the smaller garret should feed the exhuast side of the larger turbo the cold side of the larger turbo should be intercooled to the intake. both inlets of the turbos having breathers on them this setup doenst make senses

ok ok after understanding how compound turbos work i retract my statement hes got it right. but he still need to get rid of the played out true fire and cut up the rockstars other than that he should see 8s if he can drive and has a good tranny setup and suspension. he also will see well over 3000 ftlbs

its set up right did you see the link i posted if not here it is again. this is how its set up in the diesel world. here ya go. http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.atsdiesel.com/ats_new/images/ProductsWeb/300/2164202935.gif&imgrefurl=http://www.atsdiesel.com/ats2/templates/template_06.asp%3Fp%3D2029932272%26c%3D36&h=300&w=300&sz=37&tbnid=Mw1ns31OJwwP_M:&tbnh=116&tbnw=116&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dcompound%2Bturbo&hl=en&usg=__lqxSM92DK2v-hKaUwU5Vi7tZZEw=&ei=ohT4S7PWD6O6Mcj7qZIK&sa=X&oi=image_result&resnum=4&ct=image&ved=0CCoQ9QEwAw i know the tranny should hold for a while its the baddest tranny ats makes. its fully built so hes hoping it holds for awhile and as far as the rock stars thats his choice. i feel they are played out also but again its his truck not mine. you also have to remember we live in montana and a paint job like his isnt very big around here.

Edited by shawnss (see edit history)

Is he looking for a new friend? :cheers:

Is he looking for a new friend? :cheers:

hes a pretty busy kid as it is. hes always welding stuff up for other people. he really wants to build a TT kit for my SS. i told him when hes done with his od let him start on my. :dbanana: