Step Bars Removed?

sdimedude

I would say take them off along with the side molding the truck will look much cleaner...... Im 5'10" and dont have a truble getting in to my SS or my wife's stock silverado but thats just my opinion

I'd say pull 'em off too. But leave that GMC side spear molding on!

My father added the GM bars to his '04 & I didn't have them on my '04. Not much difference IMO. Other than having dirt on the back side of your pants leg (calf area) when getting out. LOL!!

I'm 5 foot 9 and I have never had any trouble getting in and out of my truck, I would remove the step bars and also the side molding I think it will look way better than with them on. I dropped the rear 3 inches already and it hasn't made it easier to get in, but it has made it easier to get stuff out of the bed of the truck. I'm planning on the dropping the front 3 inches and dropping the rear 2 more inches. IMO remove the side step and the moldings and it will look way better.

I ended up removing them last Sunday. Took a while to adjust to not having them. A couple times I have forgot and fell right to the ground. lol I am not removing the body molding. I like the way it looks and it sets my truck apart from Silverados.

Before.

dscn0465db.th.jpg

After

0411001345.th.jpg

0411001411.th.jpg

The 'lift blocks' are only used on the 2007+ NBS GM trucks and the 4X4/Z71 OBS GM trucks.

my 06 has 2 in lift blocks but if i take them out i only have 1" up travel till i hit bumps. im thinking about cutting the bumps a lil so when i go camping i more up travel.

Looks way better bro, have u thought of getting some 2 inch drop shackles and getting rid of the rear lift blocks?

I have thought about getting rid of the blocks, but I also have to buy new U bolts since it looks like I won't have enough threads on the old ones.

looks a whole lot cleaner. i took mine off after about a month and it really made my truck look a whole lot cleaner imo. i think i'm gonna take the molding off soon...my truck came with a chrome package or something...and i'm wanting to get rid of as much as i can....im turning anti-chrome ninja.gif