New Guy

fuel67

Hello all! Well I'm new to the site, just bought a V-max about two months ago. Its an 07 classic, black 4 door, bone stock. I never even new there was such a thing as a V-max and I LIKE! Nice to have something a bit different than an SS and have 4 doors! I have read alot on here and come to assume that the V-Max and SS are twins other then some SS's having all-wheel drive. Looking to make many of the moods such as tranny shift kit, tranny cooler, 160 stat, CAI, headers, and a custom tune. A little more power would be great but this is a daily driver and i enjoy the 17 mpg city and 21 mpg hwy! Any in-site from you guys would be great, parts that work, install good, best place to order and moods i may have not thought of. I'm an old school Muscle Car guy, do everything myself except paint, but do have some learning to do when it comes to tunning, and these LS/LQ9 engines. I have posted a "How To" on removing pin stripes and the door molding. I can never leave anything alone, lol. Check it out. :chevy:

welcome :cheers:

with the mods you listed, there is potential for a mpg increase. but im sure you know that after the mods, it will be hard to keep your foot out of the throttle, drastically reducing your avg. mpg. all depends on you :driving:

Edited by WODY™ (see edit history)

Welcome to the site "fuel67". :thumbs:

So your truck has the 20" OE wheels instead of the 17"-ers? In these newer V-MAX's there was both a towing package and a performance package V-MAX available....

-Jon in TX.

Edited by Bad Bowtie (see edit history)

Welcome to the site "fuel67". :thumbs:

So your truck has the 20" OE wheels instead of the 17"-ers? In these newer V-MAX's there was both a towing package and a performance package V-MAX available....

-Jon in TX.

I checked out his pin stripe removal how to and he has the towing package V-MAX plus it is a 4 door crew cab.

Welcome to the site Fuel67!

Edited by sdimedude (see edit history)

Thanks guys, yeah its the tow package. Can anyone tell me the diff between the tow and performance package? With the mods i plan it may not make a diff. Plan on putting the 20" chrome SS wheels and the SS bumper cover. Hope to have most everything done by end of summer. That is $$$ is right and the 67 SS doesn't steal alot of it.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks guys, yeah its the tow package. Can anyone tell me the diff between the tow and performance package? With the mods i plan it may not make a diff. Plan on putting the 20" chrome SS wheels and the SS bumper cover. Hope to have most everything done by end of summer. That is $$$ is right and the 67 SS doesn't steal alot of it.

I know the performance package option only comes on extended cab trucks. They come with chrome factory 20's. I think there are a couple other things different such as shocks and sway bars and traction control. Your truck has the same 3.73 gear ratio and motor and tranny.