miles per gallon on a silverado SS

hipomos

Hey guys i am looking at getting a 04 silverado SS in Blue but i was wondering if you guys could tell me what your getting for gas milage. i do travel 60 miles per day and i dont want to spend $75 a week on gas. drop me a message to let me know what your getting for Highway and city thanks

Mo :chevy:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't look at an SS for good fuel mileage.

You feel the ooopph in the seat of the pants in more ways then one.

Accelaration and your wallet emptying quicker than the speed of light constantly filling her up.

You will need a thick wallet to run one of these gas guzzlers.

Most I got is 12.4 MPG :shakehead: combined (70% city 30% highway driving).

At my rate i'll be getting christmas cards from the gas companies for my support :lol:

Dr Mike

i definately spend enough money at the local gas station to keep the lights on...but for a compairson of gas milage, my SS gets just as good of gas milage as any other truck i have had, if not better. and it is not so bad going to the gas station every other day, just pick the place with the best looking girls :thumbs:

i average around 13-16 depending on how much city/highway i am doing.

20.3 is my best to date, and I wasn't trying that hard. Speeds between 30-45mph.

My average per tank is around 17.8 lately.

Bone stock, I was getting 16-16.5 everywhere, no matter how I drove.

I too travel a bit. 50 miles per day at a bare minimum. Usually about 2,000-2,500 miles a month.

I just posted this earlier so it may be redundant. My truck is totally stock except the wheels.

This may sound a little nuts but I have experienced this three times. My truck gets better mileage when in a hilly area than it gets on a flat condition. I live in upstate ny and drive from Binghamton to Malone. It's about 270 miles one way. The first 80 miles between Binghamton to Syracuse is quite hilly and a 65mph speed limit. I keep the speed at 67 in cruise and I'll get about 18.5 mpg. From Syracuse to Malone it is essentially flat along lake Ontario and the St. Lawrence River. My mileage will end up being an average of 17.5. The last 125 miles I cruise at 63 mph with three traffic lights. The traffic lights have a minimal effect on the average. I can watch the average dropping well before I get to the area that has the lights. I attribute the situation to the 4.10 gears being more than the truck needs for cruising and doesn't have to work to pull the hills. However the 30-50 mpg it gets coming down the hill really adds up.

"Belive it or not"

Dan

13.5 MPG that is usually where it's at, especially when I hammer on the gas alot...wait, I always hammer on the gas. I can practically watch the gas gauge sink, but what a feeling when it is. :thumbs::smash:

Don't you guys love watching the DIC (Driver Information Center) when you go to current mpg and you stomp on it! I think I got it to read around 3 or 4! Then when you cruise down hill it goes up to like 50 or 60 :D !

I've got 1k or so on mine and have averaged around 15-16 commuting 100 miles a day. I just put the Volant system on and have a ram air tube from TByrne on the way. Hope to get a few more mpg's but like everyone has said, don't buy one for the gas mileage!

When people ask me what kind of motor is in her and what gas mileage she gets I usually reply, "I didn't buy it for the gas mileage! I bought it to enjoy driving the hell out of it!" :thumbs:

I just posted this earlier so it may be redundant. My truck is totally stock except the wheels.

This may sound a little nuts but I have experienced this three times. My truck gets better mileage when in a hilly area than it gets on a flat condition. I live in upstate ny and drive from Binghamton to Malone. It's about 270 miles one way. The first 80 miles between Binghamton to Syracuse is quite hilly and a 65mph speed limit. I keep the speed at 67 in cruise and I'll get about 18.5 mpg. From Syracuse to Malone it is essentially flat along lake Ontario and the St. Lawrence River. My mileage will end up being an average of 17.5. The last 125 miles I cruise at 63 mph with three traffic lights. The traffic lights have a minimal effect on the average. I can watch the average dropping well before I get to the area that has the lights. I attribute the situation to the 4.10 gears being more than the truck needs for cruising and doesn't have to work to pull the hills. However the 30-50 mpg it gets coming down the hill really adds up.

"Belive it or not"

Dan

I had the same experience when I had my wifes monte carlo ss on a road trip. I took it down the pacific coast at the gas milage went sky high. That is one hell of a road but I thought it would kill my milage. After 150 miles of going up and down, slow down, speed up I was averaging 32 MPG which well above the normal. By the way my SSS has averaged 13.1 since I bought it, best per tank was 14.1 which was all city driving. :flag:

Archived