06 Vmax

bigreds10

• 2 weeks later...
My 06 crew came from the factory with them, I love um. Gets mistaken for a diesel a lot tho,

nice do you have pics of them? ive only seen a very rare few 1500s that have them. i just like the bigger mirrors. i can see better thru them lol. but i dont know kool vue makes the 172 each. heated, power and signal

here are a couple pics of my truck, 06 cc vmax 4x4

2010-03-11163520.jpg

2010-03-11163509.jpg

2010-03-11163542.jpg

looks good i think it will look better on a lifted truck then a stock truck imo. cause the one ive seen has a 6" lift with 35s and it looks good. but idk yet i wanna make it faster first :thumbs:

I put those mirrors on my GMC with the turn signals and heated, in all honesty they crate some big blind spots and would only recomed them for towing, and if you tow often. I much prefer the regular mirros for when just driving around. the towing mirrors are great for when you have a large enclosed trailer though, then they become real useful.

I put those mirrors on my GMC with the turn signals and heated, in all honesty they crate some big blind spots and would only recomed them for towing, and if you tow often. I much prefer the regular mirros for when just driving around. the towing mirrors are great for when you have a large enclosed trailer though, then they become real useful.

yah whenever i got to glamis or octillo. i tow my buddies long travel ranger. on a 25ft flat bed with bikes quads and the ranger, and i cant see shit with my mirrors. so i was gonna upgrade but idk.

yah whenever i got to glamis or octillo. i tow my buddies long travel ranger. on a 25ft flat bed with bikes quads and the ranger, and i cant see shit with my mirrors. so i was gonna upgrade but idk.

How often do you tow... Those mirrors are great for towing but not for around town driving. If I only towed a few times a year I would just do the towing mirror extensions that clamp on to the stock mirrors. With my GMC I tow often so it was worth the change. Like I said even with the smaller convex mirrors, visibilty is reduced from the normal mirrors.

How often do you tow... Those mirrors are great for towing but not for around town driving. If I only towed a few times a year I would just do the towing mirror extensions that clamp on to the stock mirrors. With my GMC I tow often so it was worth the change. Like I said even with the smaller convex mirrors, visibilty is reduced from the normal mirrors.

ummmmm it depends on my funds coming in. i try to go out to glamis octillo. 2 times a month but lately since ive been laid off and have all sorts of time i usually go every other weekend. but the 6.0L kinda uses a lil gas towing a 6k pound truck behind filled with gear and bikes. ive put 15k miles on my truck in 7 months. just driving to vegas cal city, lucern, ect..... so idk

• 2 weeks later...

When I towed my old 28ft trailer I used to use tow mirrors that slid over my existing mirrors. Once I got the mirrors set right they looked and worked pretty good. It takes about 3 to 5 minutes to slip them on and make sure they are set right. You can't see them very well in these pics, but you get the idea.

img0113o.th.jpg

img0114ylm.th.jpg

img0112bkt.th.jpg

My 06 crew came from the factory with them, I love um. Gets mistaken for a diesel a lot tho,

I drive alot and until this post I have never noticed. Since then I have seen several 1500's with them and 1 GMC. Must be more common than I thought.

yah ive seen the slip ons before but didnt know how good the worked. ive seen a lot of the camper mirrors on 1500s and they look pretty good. from the front looks like diesel. but once it pasts and you see the baby bed you know its not. :D