Ram Air Hood

hawks

I can't really make up my mind though. The grille in my truck now is powder coated black. I don't know if I want or need to paint the hood grille insert black or leave it the aluminum finish. I kinda like the aluminum finish because it would break up the solid black of the hood and match my bowtie and brake ducts or paint it black to match my grille. What do ya'll think? :confused:

If it was myself, I would keep it the aluminum finish. I like the grey stock grille w/the grey air ducts on my truck, it really stood out to me when I originally looked at the truck before purchase.

Can you dry fit the grille and take some pics as how it looks w/ the aluminum finish? I liked blacked out trucks, I just think the the air ducts stick out on the our trucks and makes it unique. I think the aluminum street scene hood grille would compliment the air ducts nicely. Either way, cant go wrong :chevy:

If it was myself, I would keep it the aluminum finish. I like the grey stock grille w/the grey air ducts on my truck, it really stood out to me when I originally looked at the truck before purchase.

Can you dry fit the grille and take some pics as how it looks w/ the aluminum finish? I liked blacked out trucks, I just think the the air ducts stick out on the our trucks and makes it unique. I think the aluminum street scene hood grille would compliment the air ducts nicely. Either way, cant go wrong :chevy:

Yeah one guy said paint it red that way it matches my brake calipers. WHAT!!!!! I don't think so. Everyone has there opinions I guess. LOL

Well today worked one one flaw I had last night today. got that fixed and found 1 more fixed that and finally got done. Got some pictures of the hood with the grille and without. Now all that is left to do is take it to the body shop to have painted, but before they paint it I will have to wait on the ISS wing that I purchased from Brad (blownfogger540) and the brackets for it from Carl (carl lq9 ss). I will post pictures when it's painted.

post-14750-1266628331_thumb.jpg

post-14750-1266628348_thumb.jpg

post-14750-1266628369_thumb.jpg

post-14750-1266628387_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
do mine too! lol. very nice work!

Thanks. I'm ready to get it painted but I'm still waiting on my ISS wing to come. I purchased the wing and a tailgate flip kit. Want to install everything and have it ready so my painter can paint it all at once.

Well I got my 76.00 worth of hardware for the wing and got my tailgate relocator powder coated black. Wing should be here Tuesday from what FedX says. So I guess I'll start cutting on the tailgate Wed fill in the hole and install the wing. So should be able to get it all painted next week. I'm sho ready.

I thought I would share this with ya'll. Flipped the handle on the tailgate and filled in the handle hole. Primed up and ready for the ISS wing. Should be in tomorrow. I'll get it installed on the tailgate tomorrow hopefully and maybe just maybe my painter can do it this week. :fingersx: . Turned out great. This is actually my 2nd time to do any body work, the first was the hood. Getting pretty good at this stuff and I kinda like it. Now if I could only paint. Here are some snap shots of the tailgate.

post-14750-1268184949_thumb.jpg

post-14750-1268184965_thumb.jpg

wow you do some good work man looks like your a natural i have been doing body work off and on for a few years and i think your better than me lol

congrats keep us posted

Well. I'm finally taking the hood and tailgate tomorrow afternoon to get painted up a perty Black. This will give me time to get my solenoids in for the tailgate. Ordered two 60lbs solenoids to pop the tailgate. I'm having to do this because I flipped the tailgate handle and added the ISS wing. My bedcover is a flush fit and it's hard to get my fingers under to raise the bedcover and then open the tailgate. If I don't do this then I'm affraid I will be scratching the wing when I'm digging my fingers under the cover. So I'm installing solenoids to open the tailgate and then raise the bedcover. I have installed a small switch behind the bottom of the tailgate lip (where the body cladding is on the tailgate). I'l will keep ya'll posted.