Turbo Carnige

thomp62301

So i'm on my way to Niko's tranny install in my Duramax, I pull up to a stop light and a Mustang pulls up beside me. Of course I can't resist, the light turns green and I nail it. Had about 4 truck lengths on the mustang when out of know where BOOM! The turbo flies apart. I was stranded at a park and ride for 2 and a half hours till my buddy came with a trailer. Thought i'd share the carnige with you guys.

HPIM3474.jpg

HPIM3477.jpg

HPIM3478.jpg

all the oil that was in the intercooler piping

HPIM3479.jpg

glow plug hole. Hydro locked the engine, 3 clyinders full of oil.

HPIM3481.jpg

ATS Aurora 4000 Turbo is going on... :D

what caused it to do that!

The truck is pushing 560hp and 1050 ft lbs and would probably run a low 13 sec quarter. Stock turbo didn't like it. It got over spun and surged a few too many times.

The turbo kit i'm looking at is 3,600.00. I'm hoping to have it up and running for 4 to 5,000.

Edited by thomp62301 (see edit history)

The truck is pushing 560hp and 1050 ft lbs and would probably run a low 13 sec quarter. Stock turbo didn't like it. It got over spun and surged a few too many times.

The turbo kit i'm looking at is 3,600.00. I'm hoping to have it up and running for 4 to 5,000.

With that kind of power I think you would be atleast in the 12... My friends Dmax that I tuned on 120hp ~200-250tq tune over stock felt like it could do 13 no problems. Plus it gave a currents members truck a good run for its money on a more tame 80hp 125tq tune.

dmax's are strong but when they let go its specatular...

lastly we want pics of the new build...

Sorry to hear/see Luke, the pic you sent Saturday via Text looked bad enough, looks even worse on my PC. The entire motor is toast? :huh:

Motor is ok thank god. just had to get the oil out of the clyinders and it turns over now. have to flush all the metal out from pretty much everywhere. New turbo, 4" down pipe, intake. etc is already ordered.

Motor is ok thank god. just had to get the oil out of the clyinders and it turns over now. have to flush all the metal out from pretty much everywhere. New turbo, 4" down pipe, intake. etc is already ordered.

good to hear man :cheers: