VaraRam King Cobra induction (ram air version)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Your test and install will be the determining factor for me. I am waiting on my CAI until after your post.

Ill hold my BS flag for now.  :cheers:

Thanks for the update Tom

I am with you brother. :cheers: But, I think I am most likely going to go with the Volant system. I will run the ram air tube in the summer, and remove it in the winter. :rolleyes:

Your test and install will be the determining factor for me. I am waiting on my CAI until after your post.

Ill hold my BS flag for now.  :cheers:

Thanks for the update Tom

I am with you brother. :cheers: But, I think I am most likely going to go with the Volant system. I will run the ram air tube in the summer, and remove it in the winter. :rolleyes:

Im pretty high on the Volant also Matt

Let me know before you order yours and maybe Ill jump in with you and get a cost break of some kind. Im sure we could get a shipping break. That is unless you buy it here locally. Which I hope you dont do because the #$%@$ you the drive thru here in Anchorage. :jester:

I'll hold off on the BS flag too, until some real world results are out. I admit I'm skeptical.

What I see as a big loophole in their guarantee is that it only applies to stock vehicles. So, if you have already modded some, they will no longer guarantee the full performance gains. Plus, how the 0-60 times are measured will also vary...

Most of the test systems were put on stock vehicles. That is something that they know will be the same from each truck to the other (stock). Alot can change with modified motors so they can't guarantee the same results. There would be so many possibly conbinations for them to test. There is testing equipment available that will measure 0-60 times. Alot of manufacturers and magizines post this numbers alot.

Ok, here's the deal - On the record - VaraRam said that the none ram air version should start shipping the beginning of next week and the full system should be shipping by the end of that week.

Off the record - I don't like telling you that something will be ready on a certain day and then it's not ready to go. I also don't like giving you and update over and over and then nothing happens. So at this point I'm going to say that the production process never happens as quick as we want it to and parts always end up being delayed for some reason. The VaraRam induction will be available in the near future but I can't say exactly when yet.

You guys follow me?

I'll continue with the potential ship dates as I receive them. I'll know that we're good to go when I receive my system. It's going to be shipped overnight when they are ready.

Ok, here's the deal - On the record - VaraRam said that the none ram air version should start shipping the beginning of next week and the full system should be shipping by the end of that week.

Off the record - I don't like telling you that something will be ready on a certain day and then it's not ready to go. I also don't like giving you and update over and over and then nothing happens. So at this point I'm going to say that the production process never happens as quick as we want it to and parts always end up being delayed for some reason. The VaraRam induction will be available in the near future but I can't say exactly when yet.

You guys follow me?

I'll continue with the potential ship dates as I receive them. I'll know that we're good to go when I receive my system. It's going to be shipped overnight when they are ready.

Thanks Tom, and we respect your honesty.

• 2 weeks later...

Manufacturers probably shouldn't tell us about new products until they are actually ready to go. Either that I or shouldn't say anything until they are on the shelf :) I just replied in a different thread but wanted to keep this one updated. The non-ram air inductions are on the way to us now. The full ram air systems should be on the way by the end of the week.

Archived