VaraRam King Cobra induction (ram air version)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
whos gunna be the test dummy?

I am. I just put my order in for the full ram air system. They say if I don't get 1 second improvement, they will buy it back! Tbyrne is GREAT. It should ship sometime late next week, or the week after as they are not in yet.

1 sec??

That would be an increase of about 75 flywheel hp or ~65 rearwheel hp on an otherwise stock truck. Thats about a 22% gain.

Just from the ram air? Umm... I'll believe it when I see it (ran ram air for 7 years and it is a definite must for an NA only vehicle, IMO, but 22% :wtf: I never saw 22% and I tested the kit in the range of stock -- fully modded NA. The best I saw was ~10% gains). I might be wrong, but I don't think ram air is even effective below 40 mph.

I hope it works as advertised. That would be an awesome product if so. It would be better bang-for-buck than forced induction.

I am a little sceptical my self, but they say they will buy it back if it doesen't work. I will look over the paperwork when I get it to make sure, otherwise I will just send it back. Shipping will have to be eaten, but that is ok.

I hope TByrne does not get screwed on this deal. They have been great to work with. If the manufacturer stands up to their claim, all should go fine!

As usual, I will post before and after times with my G-Tech, like I did with my Westers Computer.

Chad

One full second, huh?  (In best P.T. Barnum voice), "Step right up folks, and see the amazing Egress!"

:D . . . . :cheers:

:withstupid:

I can't remember who setup the home made Ram Air intake, but I wonder when they did theres if they got 1 sec. Basically the same configuration.........

I can't remember who setup the home made Ram Air intake, but I wonder when they did theres if they got 1 sec.  Basically the same configuration.........

That was vdrumright. Here is the thread.

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.ph...?showtopic=5053

I highly doubt he would gain a whole second.

For those of you who are curious, you can go to this calculator and figure what these touted improvements translate into as far as HP over a quarter mile (0-60 would be even more of a gain I think). I did a calculation with my vehicle (1.4 sec improvement) and came up with +70 RWHP, which begins to encroach on Radix territory. Definitely a good HP/$ ratio!

HP Calculator

Regarding mileage, well, I would think that if GM knew of a way for stickers on their trucks to say 19/23 instead of 15/19, they would be doing it. That would be a serious advantage over Ford or Dodge and well worth any cost.

Remember, VaraRam guarantees that you will see at least a 1/2-to1 full second drop off of your 0-60 MPH times over factory stock induction. I checked on these systems today, they haven't been shipped to us yet. As you guys know, new products never start shipping when they are supposed to. I'm looking forward to getting my test system in and will keep you posted.

Tom

• 2 weeks later...
Remember, VaraRam guarantees that you will see at least a 1/2-to1 full second drop off of your 0-60 MPH times over factory stock induction. I checked on these systems today, they haven't been shipped to us yet. As you guys know, new products never start shipping when they are supposed to. I'm looking forward to getting my test system in and will keep you posted.

Tom

lets hope it turns out better than the VR velocity stack(worthless).

Just called Vararam this morning...at least another 2 weeks until ready to ship...looks like the brave few who will be trying it first will have to be a little more patient. I don't believe the pre-hype, but that doesn't mean that I'm not interested. It only has to be a little bit better that the Volant to peak my interest. I'll take my performance gains little by little if I have too...they all add up in the end! :thumbs: (That being said, I'll eat my own shorts if anybody on here gains a full second with the ram-air version of this contraption!)

Archived