Return Of The 5.0l

huero626

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

keep watching your utube videos , one day you might make it to a track when your old enough and see for your self magazines aren't always right.

Oh I might make it to a track when I'm old enough to see for myself? Yea I guess running in a True Street 275/60 drag radial class for 4 years I must have no experience racing, and I must know nothing considering I'm a Wyotech graduate that Aced everything from automotive technology to motorsports chassis fabrication. Graduated from engine rebuilding classes at community college when I was 15 years old. Been schooling since then until I graduated.

Yup, you must know a lot more than I do buddy. Like I said, me along with every other professional must be wrong and you're right. I'm sure you have plenty more experience and knowledge than I do, I'll let you live in your own little world Mr. Force.

I find it funny that a lot of Chevy owners hate Ford, what is so wrong with Ford? I like the 5.0l that Ford is bringing out. And Punisher I think the 2011 Mustang GT 5.0L is a very good comparison against the Camaro SS. IMO the Camaro SS is overrated, I don't like its styling and I think it is a joke that if I want to get an automatic SS I lose 26hp. I'd rather have a fourth generation Camaro than a new Camaro SS. And the Ford 5.0L having 412hp is way more impressive than the GM 6.2L with 426hp, but if I were to get the automatic I'll lose 26hp and get cylinder deactivation.

I find it funny that a lot of Chevy owners hate Ford, what is so wrong with Ford? I like the 5.0l that Ford is bringing out. And Punisher I think the 2011 Mustang GT 5.0L is a very good comparison against the Camaro SS. IMO the Camaro SS is overrated, I don't like its styling and I think it is a joke that if I want to get an automatic SS I lose 26hp. I'd rather have a fourth generation Camaro than a new Camaro SS. And the Ford 5.0L having 412hp is way more impressive than the GM 6.2L with 426hp, but if I were to get the automatic I'll lose 26hp and get cylinder deactivation.

If you don't like the styling thats youre own thing. But you are losing horsepower because its a completely different engine, manuals come with LS3 and automatics are L99, not much of a joke and I'm all for clownin around :jester: . Well when people in the motorsports industry talk about horsepower/cubic inch ratio they compare weight and cost. The Camaro weighs less and costs less. So...theres not much comparison. But if youre buying a car only for its looks, do what you want. I was figuring you were buying it for the power considering you brought it up because of the 5.0L, which would still make the Camaro a better buy.

Oh I might make it to a track when I'm old enough to see for myself? Yea I guess running in a True Street 275/60 drag radial class for 4 years I must have no experience racing, and I must know nothing considering I'm a Wyotech graduate that Aced everything from automotive technology to motorsports chassis fabrication. Graduated from engine rebuilding classes at community college when I was 15 years old. Been schooling since then until I graduated.

Yup, you must know a lot more than I do buddy. Like I said, me along with every other professional must be wrong and you're right. I'm sure you have plenty more experience and knowledge than I do, I'll let you live in your own little world Mr. Force.

do you just have shit for brains????? or is it that crappy music you listen too? i saw what i saw and thats that. i don't care what school you went too or how long you been racing . it doesn't take a professor to read a

a 1/4 mile time board.

If you don't like the styling thats youre own thing. But you are losing horsepower because its a completely different engine, manuals come with LS3 and automatics are L99, not much of a joke and I'm all for clownin around :jester: . Well when people in the motorsports industry talk about horsepower/cubic inch ratio they compare weight and cost. The Camaro weighs less and costs less. So...theres not much comparison. But if youre buying a car only for its looks, do what you want. I was figuring you were buying it for the power considering you brought it up because of the 5.0L, which would still make the Camaro a better buy.

I know going with an automatic in a Camaro SS changes the engine, but why can I get the same engine with an automatic transmission? Reminds me of the 3rd Generation Camaro when you couldn't get a 5.7 TPI with a 5 speed manual. There is not really a difference in power, the Camaro SS only has 14 more hp, and If you get an automatic SS the GT outpowers it. The Camaro SS does make 14 more hp than the 5.0 GT but it would be funny if the 6.2L would make less hp than the smaller 5.0 Ford. How heavy is the Camaro SS cause from what I heard the 4.6L GT are lighter than the Camaro SS.

Ford has always overadted the HP their engines produce. I wiuld have to see the new 5. hoe on an engine dyno (and not one that was run by the ford motor company either) before id beleive it put out 412. As far as styling the challenger has both of them bet IMO. The new maro looks funny when looking at it from the side, the wheels are to close to the nose for my taste.

do you just have shit for brains????? or is it that crappy music you listen too? i saw what i saw and thats that. i don't care what school you went too or how long you been racing . it doesn't take a professor to read a

a 1/4 mile time board.

I think everyone can see the uneducated party in this discussion. My work is done.

Ford has always overadted the HP their engines produce. I wiuld have to see the new 5. hoe on an engine dyno (and not one that was run by the ford motor company either) before id beleive it put out 412. As far as styling the challenger has both of them bet IMO. The new maro looks funny when looking at it from the side, the wheels are to close to the nose for my taste.

I heard the opposite for the Terminator Cobra, I heard they were actually underrated. I like the SRT-8 Challenger also but it way more expensive than the Camaro or the Mustang. I know the 2001 Cobras were actually putting out less than they were rated at, but I believe that the new 5.0l does produce 412hp. I think Ford got tired of the Camaro SS & Challenger SRT-8 putting out more hp than the Mustang GT.

I think everyone can see the uneducated party in this discussion. My work is done.

coming from the guy in another thread who said, and i quote "there arent any CAIs made for our trucks..."

im sorry but id have to stand on idaho's side of the fence whether i dislike mustangs or not...this whole topic has turned into a pissing match of whose "engine" is bigger... :cheers: here's to you, sir

Not a fan at all. I hate ford. Id buy a mopar first. Fords a big POS in my book. Plus the new mudstains look like crap anyways. If i could only tell you how i really feel. but one thing at least they are making power with out a supercharger for once.

I agree i hate shitstangs :jester: