Return Of The 5.0l

huero626

If youre going to buy a sportscar for the power, buy a Camaro, no contest. Camaro is faster on the 1320, and the track over a Mustang or Challenger. Pick up a few of the magazines that compare Camaro, Mustang, and Challenger, its quite funny that they call it a comparison.

dont get me wrong im a chevy guy all the way but from the 2 ss camaros ive seen at the track nether of them broke into the 13 second mark

they were around 14.2 range wasnt impressed at all, imo srt8 's own them stock to stock !

Edited by idahoBLKss (see edit history)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, we need to wait for the new 5.0L to come out for a comparison. I think the 5.0l GT will do pretty good against the SS and the Challenger SRT-8, remember it is lighter than both cars and it comes with 412hp. I don't really like the Camaro SS style, I'd rather have a 2011 Ford Mustang GT 5.0L. Need to hurry up and pay off my V-Max to get a new Mustang GT 5.0L.

Um...no. http://blogs.insideline.com/straightline/2...d_fe_9998_1.JPG

2011 Mustang GT is heavier than the Camaro SS so no. Still less horsepower, and now it is heavier.

So I don't know where you are getting your facts from.

dont get me wrong im a chevy guy all the way but from the 2 ss camaros ive seen at the track nether of them broke into the 13 second mark

they were around 14.2 range wasnt impressed at all, imo srt8 's own them stock to stock !

Wow apparently the track you go to Camaro owners can't drive.

2010 Camaros have broken into the 12s with ease. Bone stock. Not Mustang GTs, not Challengers, Camaros.

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f39/bon...1-4-mile-82064/

So basically what you are saying idahoBLKss is that if I bought a 2009 Corvette ZR1 and could not drive a manual so I trapping a 15 second et, and then I bought an automatic base model C6 Corvette and trapped a 13 second et that a base model Corvette is faster than a ZR1? If you think that you are sad. No. Just because the TWO fools that cannot drive a Camaro run poor times does not make SRT8s which have been proven over and over again by the same professional driver driving both cars, that the Camaro SS is faster. Have you not read or seen any testing between the cars?

Any professional driver that drives a Camaro SS is 13 seconds flat, or 12s. So if you base your opinion on two morons that can't drive that a slow Challenger is faster, well you have one crappy opinion.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupes...g_gt/index.html

http://www.insideline.com/ford/shelby-gt50...elby-gt500.html

etc... plenty of magazines have the tests so I will not bore you with facts.

If you guys like spending more money to have a slow sports car than go for it, buy a Mustang or Challenger. But to buy either other vehicles based on performance and price, that is a sad, misinformed opinion.

I would rather own a Camaro save $20,000 and spank Shelby GT500KRs, let alone a puny 5.0L Mustang. Even keep it stock save $8,000 and spank SRT-8s.

2010 Chevrolet Camaro RS/SS Base MSRP $34,225

2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 Base MSRP $42,245

2009 Shelby Mustang GT500KR Base MSRP $47,175

Hey but whats money right? Piss it all away for a slow car.

Edited by Punisher (see edit history)

Wow apparently the track you go to Camaro owners can't drive.

2010 Camaros have broken into the 12s with ease. Bone stock. Not Mustang GTs, not Challengers, Camaros.

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f39/bon...1-4-mile-82064/

So basically what you are saying idahoBLKss is that if I bought a 2009 Corvette ZR1 and could not drive a manual so I trapping a 15 second et, and then I bought an automatic base model C6 Corvette and trapped a 13 second et that a base model Corvette is faster than a ZR1? If you think that you are sad. No. Just because the TWO fools that cannot drive a Camaro run poor times does not make SRT8s which have been proven over and over again by the same professional driver driving both cars, that the Camaro SS is faster. Have you not read or seen any testing between the cars?

Any professional driver that drives a Camaro SS is 13 seconds flat, or 12s. So if you base your opinion on two morons that can't drive that a slow Challenger is faster, well you have one crappy opinion.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupes...g_gt/index.html

http://www.insideline.com/ford/shelby-gt50...elby-gt500.html

etc... plenty of magazines have the tests so I will not bore you with facts.

If you guys like spending more money to have a slow sports car than go for it, buy a Mustang or Challenger. But to buy either other vehicles based on performance and price, that is a sad, misinformed opinion.

I would rather own a Camaro save $20,000 and spank Shelby GT500KRs, let alone a puny 5.0L Mustang. Even keep it stock save $8,000 and spank SRT-8s.

2010 Chevrolet Camaro RS/SS Base MSRP $34,225

2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 Base MSRP $42,245

2009 Shelby Mustang GT500KR Base MSRP $47,175

Hey but whats money right? Piss it all away for a slow car.

you can read all you want what magazines print with there professional drivers and perfect track conditions but you my friend and me and every other joe smo are not professional drivers. all i was stating is what i saw on two separate days and two separate cars run IDENTICAL TIMES 14.2 and i wasn't impressed at all, not when my friend was running his brick srt8 "automatic" the same day running 13.9 and getting better times and he sucks at driving "spinning out of the hole. i wish i had video of all of it but i dont so its a he said she said thing so whatever. the guys didn't appear to be bad drivers but i dunno, i wasn't in the car. and for the money your right the camaro is a good buy i didnt say it wasnt all i said is that i dont think they are all they are cracked out to be off the lot.

sorry i didnt mean to upset you and get you all worked up over this i was just stating what i saw thats all.

Edited by idahoBLKss (see edit history)

you can read all you want what magazines print with there professional drivers and perfect track conditions but you my friend and me and every other joe smo are not professional drivers. all i was stating is what i saw on two separate days and two separate cars run IDENTICAL TIMES 14.2 and i wasn't impressed at all, not when my friend was running his brick srt8 "automatic" the same day running 13.9 and getting better times and he sucks at driving "spinning out of the hole. i wish i had video of all of it but i dont so its a he said she said thing so whatever. the guys didn't appear to be bad drivers but i dunno, i wasn't in the car. and for the money your right the camaro is a good buy i didnt say it wasnt all i said is that i dont think they are all they are cracked out to be off the lot.

sorry i didnt mean to upset you and get you all worked up over this i was just stating what i saw thats all.

Not worked up. I try my best to educate misinformed individuals, or in your case attempt to educate misinformed individuals. Yea you're right, 12 seconds off the lot isn't all its cracked up to be.

Anybody that reads this don't listen to professionals or myself our opinions based on facts don't matter. Listen to IdahoBLKss's opinion because hes seen two guys drive a Camaro and they are shit don't buy one or in fact don't buy any Chevrolet product! They're all just slow. :cheers: To you Idaho

:puke:

well i was going to say something smart ass about what it thought of the car but every one covered it. The 5.0 return is a marketiing ploy to real in old enthusiats who have lost their love for the cumstain. Its a pos and always will be. I would say i would rather have a 6.0 but i have a 7.3 buhhaahhaahahahahahahah anyway camaro ftw

Edited by MIDNIGHTRIDR (see edit history)

Not worked up. I try my best to educate misinformed individuals, or in your case attempt to educate misinformed individuals. Yea you're right, 12 seconds off the lot isn't all its cracked up to be.

Anybody that reads this don't listen to professionals or myself our opinions based on facts don't matter. Listen to IdahoBLKss's opinion because hes seen two guys drive a Camaro and they are shit don't buy one or in fact don't buy any Chevrolet product! They're all just slow. :cheers: To you Idaho

keep watching your utube videos , one day you might make it to a track when your old enough and see for your self magazines aren't always right.