Ceramic Break Pads

shopman1

:P I have used ceramic breaks in other vehicles and they don’t make much dust and the wheels look good all the time. I was wondering if they make ceramic for the Silverado? I guess I need to call the parts store however if they do I may change over to them.

Shopman1

Have them on my '99. A nice improvement on the brake dust. Haven't noticed any break noise either however I really haven't been listening hard. The pads were are not too expensive either, about $100 for all 4 sides.

How about slotted rotors? Worth the cabbage? I know I like to see them through a nice polished wheel! :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

If you go to www.baer.com they have a kit for GM trucks. It contains a set of four cross drilled rotors and brakets the will use your existing calipers. I think the rotors are 15" up front not sure what the rear are. The bracket will move your existing calipers outward to accomidate the larger rotors.

The only draw back is the price tag about 1,100-1,300 for the kit. I will probably go to it in a few years. They look awsome and Baer is one of the best in the business.

Archived