Mod Suggestion?

drtrcr27

I have a 04 2wd with a 6.0 lq9 that is my daily driver i have done the regular bolt ons (cat-back, cold air, programming) past that nothing extensive i was wanting some suggestions on my next mod i was thinking something a little more time consuming like headers or maybe even a cam change any suggestions would greatly be appreciated!!!

Headers aren't really time consuming, but a good mod to go with your exhaust. A cam is a good mod, but you may want to do a few other upgrades to go with that which means more money. Best upgrade though would be the trans. Get a built trans if you plan on making some serious hp later on or you could just do a shift kit and TC for now. How much are you looking to spend and what kind of power do you want to make?

Btw, welcome to the site :cheers:

youre going to need to replace the push rods and springs for any cam change... if by tuning you mean custom tune youre good to go there but if youre talking about a hand held programmer ditch that thing and get a custom pcm tune by one of the vendors on the site, that would be a good investment. after that long tubes and tranny upgrades are always a good route to go.

youre going to need to replace the push rods and springs for any cam change...

:withstupid: Any cam worth its salt will require stiffer springs & pushrods. If your springs have any kind of mileage on them it's probably a good time to replace them anyways. I would get the headers first, my $0.02.

Mr. P. :)

i want to keep it a good daily driver but still want it to run i really wanna do the cam deal but i need to pick one that i don't have to do a spring change. have you tackled a cam change on one before? thanks

I have done cam swaps in other vehicles just not my truck....yet :ninja:

The others are right about changing the springs too. You can still do a lot of things to the truck and have it as a good, reliable DD as long as you do them RIGHT. But for now, a custom tune and headers, and some trans work should be of a higher priority than a cam swap. The 4l60e is the weakest link in these trucks when it comes to adding on power. I think you should start there and if you wanna get into a head and cam swap, nitrous, or forced induction later on, the I would get a built trans first.