Custom Or Aftermarket Gauge Cluster

turboed ss

I need to do something about my factory gauges. I think they were part of my problem when my motor over heated... I want to install aftermarket gauges in place of my factory ones but i want it to be super clean like the AutoMeter mustang cluster... I don't mind have gauges install all over the truck if its clean like over head or in the pillar up i want all new gauges...

Any ideas and/ or pics would be great...

i had the idea to do a custom cluster with autometer gauges a year ago or so. fast4popper (chris) had made me a photoshop idea from my template. it would give you everything youd need to make it, and if i remember correctly he would make one for you. shoot him a PM, cause i dunno what his status of doing jobs on here anymore is.

and ill try and find the pics :)

i had the idea to do a custom cluster with autometer gauges a year ago or so. fast4popper (chris) had made me a photoshop idea from my template. it would give you everything youd need to make it, and if i remember correctly he would make one for you. shoot him a PM, cause i dunno what his status of doing jobs on here anymore is.

and ill try and find the pics :)

ill ask him but if u can find the pics that would be great..

he is referring to a replacement overlay, not a new instrument panel. and ill have those pics by end of next week

oh thanks for clarifing that for me... pic please I have about 4 weeks before my motor is ready to go in so I want to be ready for it...

I know it's off my topic but does anyone have pics of the interior w/ red LEDs

• 2 weeks later...

If you want a simple to install gauge that can and will tell you anything you want to know about the truck as well as scan for codes look into the aeroforce interceptor gauge. It plugs into the OBD2 port under your dash and takes its readings from your ECU and can display up to 8 gauges in sets of 2 at it cycles through the different gauges you set it to show. the aeroforce will also scan for codes and can erase then as well. Its about ~$300 and comes in a few color combos and will mount in a standard 2" gauge pod or where ever else you want to put it.

http://www.aeroforcetech.com/

I am no way connected to this company this is not a sales pitch its just a product that I trust in for my own cars. I have one mounted in the A/C vent on my G/F's Bonneville SSEi.

Edited by blue-03-SS (see edit history)

• 1 year later...

If you go that route be sure the computer is sending the proper readings or you will have accomplished nothing.I would mount a water and oil gauge below the heater controls.Get quality gauges that have a preset warning system.I just got these Spek gauges for my C5.They are very slick and have more functions then any other stand alone gauge.One thing I really like is these gauges are over size and still fit in a 2 1/16 hole.The gauge face has a shoulder and is larger then the internals on the back of the gauge.I know it's nice to have the factory look but if you are serious about watching your motor then you can't beat these and they would be much cheaper then doing a whole dash.

Good luck.

If you want a simple to install gauge that can and will tell you anything you want to know about the truck as well as scan for codes look into the aeroforce interceptor gauge. It plugs into the OBD2 port under your dash and takes its readings from your ECU and can display up to 8 gauges in sets of 2 at it cycles through the different gauges you set it to show. the aeroforce will also scan for codes and can erase then as well. Its about ~$300 and comes in a few color combos and will mount in a standard 2" gauge pod or where ever else you want to put it.

http://www.aeroforcetech.com/

I am no way connected to this company this is not a sales pitch its just a product that I trust in for my own cars. I have one mounted in the A/C vent on my G/F's Bonneville SSEi.

post-19390-082022300 1300003017_thumb.jpg

If you go that route be sure the computer is sending the proper readings or you will have accomplished nothing.I would mount a water and oil gauge below the heater controls.Get quality gauges that have a preset warning system.I just got these Spek gauges for my C5.They are very slick and have more functions then any other stand alone gauge.One thing I really like is these gauges are over size and still fit in a 2 1/16 hole.The gauge face has a shoulder and is larger then the internals on the back of the gauge.I know it's nice to have the factory look but if you are serious about watching your motor then you can't beat these and they would be much cheaper then doing a whole dash.

Good luck.

I have those aeroforce gauges in my truck and they are awesome. I got blue and the gauge face comes with black or white, and a black or polished ring for it. I just moved them from the pillar to the center console today, heres a pic. Not completely finished but in place.

Edited by josh03ss (see edit history)