Tci 6 Speed

There some companies out there that make conversion kits. I would look at those kits and then see if you can make anything cheaper work. In most cases though, the swap is not cheap, even with a junkyard 4L80E. However, in the grand scheme of things, after 2-3 4L65E rebuilds, you could pay for a 4L80E swap. There are some members who have and are tackling the swap, look for their posts/threads to get an idea of what you need. 04Chase is one, I think USABodyguard did it as well if I'm not mistaken. Several over on www.performancetrucks.net have also. If I was keeping my truck, I was going to do the swap when the current 4L65E gives out.

To swap in a 4L80E or one of its variants, the transmission crossmember must be cut, and moved back, then welded back together, or in 4WD/AWD trucks, an extentsion can be welded onto the cross member. You then also need to turn down the 4L80E output shaft (horrible idea as they will break) or you can buy a new input gear for the NVG-149 that will fit the 4L80E output shaft.

More pics and information here: http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=51391

To swap in a 4L80E or one of its variants, the transmission crossmember must be cut, and moved back, then welded back together, or in 4WD/AWD trucks, an extentsion can be welded onto the cross member. You then also need to turn down the 4L80E output shaft (horrible idea as they will break) or you can buy a new input gear for the NVG-149 that will fit the 4L80E output shaft.

More pics and information here: http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=51391

AWESOME!!! :cheers:

alright so does anyone know about the computer aspect of the tci 6-speed?

AWESOME!!! :cheers:

alright so does anyone know about the computer aspect of the tci 6-speed?

The tci six speed has its own computer, so getting it to work with a stock truck will be difficult. at least with solving the communication problem between the trans and the PCM. This trans was mainly set up for carbed vehicles