Tci 6 Speed

John Kelley did a T-56 conversion and couldn't keep a clutch in it that would hold up to the trucks weight/power. The 6L80 really isnt feasible on our trucks, there are a couple of companies working now on conversion kits. The 6L80 needs a seperate computer among other things, and a conversion would probably cost a ton of $.

alright thanks. so am i reading tci's website correct? the way i understand it is that its a 6 speed in a 4l85 shell, or am i way off track?

I believe you are correct. It is 6 gears stuffed into a 4L80E case, at least thats what I also gathered from the video they released a while back on it.

As for conversions, I think I have been waiting well over a year to hear anything positive, but I also don't follow most of the builds anymore.

I'm starting to lose interest in my truck anyways, getting bored and its getting old.

T- case has no cross memeber, however, the trans does and does need to be modified for a 4L80E conversion. The T-case or the tailshaft of the 4L80E needs modification to accept the NVG149 T-case that is stock in the SSS. Either the trans has to be built with the correct output shaft or the T-case needs a input gear to accept the 4L80E I believe. This topic has been covered before and probably can be found by doing a "4L80E conversion" search.