7 Lbs Boost... What's The Projected Fuel Pressure?

joeyg

Damn, that's a lot. I only had ~120 across the board when I had my radix :dunno:

This is how I do mine

Drive for a while for full battery charge

Pull plugs, pull fuel pump relay, prop open throttle

compression tester in each plug hole for 10 revolutions... 3x for each cylinder and zeroing guage for each time.

And, yeah, I was happy w/ the results.

BTW wideband came today :thumbs: , now to put her in

This is how I do mine

Drive for a while for full battery charge

Pull plugs, pull fuel pump relay, prop open throttle

compression tester in each plug hole for 10 revolutions... 3x for each cylinder and zeroing guage for each time.

And, yeah, I was happy w/ the results.

BTW wideband came today :thumbs: , now to put her in

I did mine the same way. Let us know how the w/b goes :cheers:

Well latest is installed the bung for the w/b yesterday... ended up taking out the diffuser from my headers, I imagine they were there to promote flow, but holy crap if you could've seen how restrictive they were you may have done the same.

AND I found the problem that I thought was gonna be the end of this engine... a frickin exhaust leak! She was hiding really well at the bottom rear of #1 exh port. Wait... there's more. That side catylitic converter was plugging (tested w/ shop vac sucking on the cat inlet... compared driver side to pass side and notable difference).

Sooooooo, hollowed them out tonight and I can get the code tuned out so worry not. And she sounds gooooooooooooood. Neighbors are gonna haaaaaaaaate it. efum

I'm done for tonight, will start on the electrical 2moro on w/b. good luck to me.

• 4 weeks later...

Well the w/b has been in for a while and pretty easy install I guess. Working well and I need to run some logs, but not until I get some 42 lb injectors. Gotta do this soon, cause I need to take it easy on the go pedal until then and that sucks.

Happy New Year everyone! :cheers:

• 6 years later...

Hey what's up people. I sold this to my step-son a while back and recently reacquired it.

I just replaced the fuel pump so it doesn't slosh the fuel out of the pump suction. The pump pressure goes to 40 lbs by 5 psi boost (16.0 AFR). I still have the 42# injectors, but I don't have the FMU on it. I took the FMU off (when I previously owned the truck) since I did the in-tank Walbro 255 lph. Was that a mistake? The pressure was fine according to the gauge back then and the AFRs were good. I recently found a site with a fuel pump assembly with a Walbro 255 lph. It's on the way.

I know I'm all over the place here and sorry for that, but I'm trying to get her dialed in again. I maxed out fuel feed (yes still with a Preditor, lol) in the 4k - 4.8k and 4.8k to shift (+20% for both ranges). It did help, but WOT AFRs are too lean still. Could the FMU solve everything (even b4 swapping the pump) possibly or should I reinstall the FMU even after I put the 255 pump in?

I guess I could put the FMU on tomorrow and c what happens.

Thanks again for the help. I missed this community!

I put this in the first post... newb

Oh and I got an 05 GTO and put in a TVS1900. Love it! That is Black Bear tuned and so will the SSS when I'm close to having the fuel sorted...

Edited by finallyss (see edit history)