Gauge Cluster Led Conversion

idahoBLKss

by looking at my pics!!! lmao!! other than that trial and error... unless if you can plug the unit in with the board exposed and touch the LEDS to the board to see thats how i did the doors ad windows, but be careful when doing this you don't want to cross circuits and fry something!!

you build a led tester....plug the board in and use a pencil to mark the board which lead is positive. Pretty easy to do. Took me just under 5 hours to do everything. 20bux for 50 3mm, 50 5mm, and 100 resistors.

Edited by sprayed99 (see edit history)

you build a led tester....plug the board in and use a pencil to mark the board which lead is positive. Pretty easy to do. Took me just under 5 hours to do everything. 20bux for 50 3mm, 50 5mm, and 100 resistors.

yeah not to bad to do , i really enjoy it , but the only time i can do it is late at night when my lil girls go to bed so they aren't "trying to help" if you no what i mean. lately i haven't had time to do it with the x-mas season here but ill post up pics of the stuff i get done as i go.

• 2 weeks later...
We did mine in red LED. Its really really red at night. Pic is sorta hard to tell. And one of my LEDS went out on the 5-6 radio button.

IMG_1444.jpg

Looks really good! Is it too red at night or just something to get used to? I was thinking red would look really good with a red truck..

I did red lights on my red truck they came out good. The first time they werent as bright as I would of liked so I bought some neoangle leds from superbrightleds.com and those worked perfect not to bright, but perfect if you go with a red 5mm 5000mcd for the gauge cluster It will not be bright enough. The 3mm 6000mcd work perfect for all the accesories. Also If you feel they are to bright you can dim them, the dimmer works with the leds.

Looks really good! Is it too red at night or just something to get used to? I was thinking red would look really good with a red truck..

no, its like blood red at night, not too bright at all. It can be dimmed tho.

are the gauge needles red also?

on mine? yes, everything is red.

We did mine in red LED. Its really really red at night. Pic is sorta hard to tell. And one of my LEDS went out on the 5-6 radio button.

IMG_1444.jpg

I love it. Ben (kckid) did my interior in white LED's. The only thing that sucks that cant be helped is the green display in the radio and PRND32L. O well, thats minor. Looks great man

I love it. Ben (kckid) did my interior in white LED's. The only thing that sucks that cant be helped is the green display in the radio and PRND32L. O well, thats minor. Looks great man

And the rear view mirror lights...

ah! but you CAN fix that (if yours wasnt white)! hehehehheh... I have the way, just didn't do it to mine yet. Being lazy

• 2 weeks later...