'04 SS production stats?

Buyfire

i just picked up my new '04 SS and am wondering what GM means when they say "limited production". i see that they produce approx 525 units a week. that makes over 27,000 annually. do they run all year? i'm used to driving a fairly rare truck as i aslo own an '01 lightning (FOR SALE) and ford only made just over 6300 in a year. someone please let me know as i can't seem to find this info anywhere else.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They only made a little over 10,000 it's first year. From the numbers of '03s still being bought new, I'd say that they wouldn't exceed that number for '04. I still haven't seen any numbers though.

They only made a little over 10,000 it's first year.  From the numbers of '03s still being bought new, I'd say that they wouldn't exceed that number for '04.  I still haven't seen any numbers though.

I will get the 04 production #s this week.

• 2 months later...

Final production numbers for the 2004 Model Year of Silverado SS's was:

5098 units

We do not build them all year. Theyare usually restricted the last few weeks of production prior to Model Change and Start Up. Official Model Change is the last 2 weeks of July when the Plant is shut down for change over. So the few weeks prior to and after have build restrictions for low runners and Silverado SS is one of those restrictions.

:chevy:

In 2003, the production was:

6,117 Black

2,802 Red

1,103 Blue

Making a total of 10,028 Silverado SSs.

SinisterSS,

Thanks for the reply. I had done a search for the numbers but my search parameters wasn't coming up with anything.

Thanks!

Ray