StS turbo gettting closer

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have an enormous amount of fun using the blow off valve on convertibles and pedestrians.  I knew it wouldn't take me long to become a hooligan

SuperSport thanks He has had a lot of ear infections and we now have to take him in for the tubes in his ears and my wife is a little upset at the whole idea of him having to have an operation at 13 months old... he's tough he will be Ok

1. it is controllable? YOu can make it blow off the pressure/boost?

2. Have you had your son checked for allgeries? My best friend had his ears fixed but it was caused by his allgerie to cow's milk. Review his diet and see how much milk he drinks. Then may be give it a few days with out or w/substitute? As a dad too, I love my truck but the kids come first. To make a long story shorter...my friend ended up drininking goat milk till he became an adult...just a thought.

i had ear infections all the time when i was a kid. turned out i was allergic to milk. which brought about a whole bunch of problems, which explains the way i am today :jester: ...tubes never did any good for me. the thing that stopped my problems was getting my tonsils out.

how did the sts kit fit did you guys have to change anything to get it to fit right.

Y pipe and a different turbo. My issue is that they use a single 2.5" exhaust pipe into the turbo. And the turbo has a 3" inlet. I believe we can work that out. Talking with Dave at STS.

Well guys i am still here and still alive and will be heading back down to San Antonio to see Joe and Allen for the final tune and transmission work. Have been thoroughly impressed with the kit so far. It has drawn a lot of attention Positive of course but like I said in a previous post I am a little unwilling to hit it really hard as we still have the tune to work on. I have seen a couple of codes one for MAF sensor and it has actually put the vehicle into Reduced power mode or limp mode 2 or 3 times so far if i really get into it hard.

I just replaced tho plugs to NGK TR6 and gapped them somewhere between 35-40 thou. and replaced the plug wires to Taylor Spiro silicone.

Thought this would help with a slightly rough idle and do well under high load/boost situations.

Will have more once we get on the dyno and see what this STS kit will push on the SS's

ssblackss

I think I would still stomp it. :D

Of course, I would also be logging with EFIlive or Autotap along with it. SESs are not good, especially if they are throwing it into the limp mode.

Did you get someone to scan and tell you what the codes were?

I think I would still stomp it. :D

Of course, I would also be logging with EFIlive or Autotap along with it. SESs are not good, especially if they are throwing it into the limp mode.

Did you get someone to scan and tell you what the codes were?

I'm sure that's one of the reasons for getting back to San Antone to let ole' Allen look at it.

Jonathan, have you told Dave or anyone at STS about the trouble codes?

Ben, the codes were for MAF and Auxillary input i think it was 1514? I junked the paper once I told Allen what thay were he will have them there I am sure.

Brent I have not spoken to them yet I will do this this morning...

Cheers all

Yah, that 1514 code is for the calculated airflow being different than what the MAF reads. Allen can fix that.

BTW, ssblackss, if you need someone to do some scanning/logging I can probably help you out. Just give me a little advance notice and we can meet up somewhere...

Archived