StS turbo gettting closer

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ssblackss,

So after 2 days and 500 miles of driving, did the turbo get faster and more instantanious or is it still lagging till higher RPM? Remember it takes a couple hundred miles for that impeller to cut a groove in the turbine and then it should be gang busters!

Well I think we should all buy turbos. Hell...It's made this truck so fast he can't get slowed down long enough to come tell us about it. :jester: Tune in next week for a new episode...How to upgrade your brakes! :jester::D:D

I'm sure Jonathan will speak up soon enough...

I heard that it was building boost very rapidy. And that the turbo spooling sound was audible but not too harsh. And that they ran a custom exhaust tip from the turbo out the back. cool stuff... hoping for a track time, eventually :D

I imagine they are still fine-tuning the tuning. ;)

Not to defend Jonathon, but he had to leave Saturday evening. Very sick family member. I'm sure he will find us again when everyone is well.

Don't mean to give out personal info. Just an impatient, be patient. :):cry: Now where is he? :D

Hey All... WOW what can I say... It sure sings a sweet song at about 9lbs on it comes alive and will scream. It does have some lag but this is typical with turbos but let me tell you I cant stay out of it at all. even pulling away slowly with as less throttle as possible it spools up even Allen and Brent who drove in it couldnt believe how little throttle will spool up the 60-1...

It doesn't have a full tune yet still running standard plugs (Ben Key what did you recommend for the blown application again?) and Wires so there is still some more to go. It is such an attention getter I have already been pulled for "tint being too dark" bur he sure was looking at everything else but the tint :rolleyes:

I will be back in c couple oh hours to give you all some more info...

Hold tight .

I am sorry I didnt get to y'all sooner but you know how it is I just cant leave it alone

:cheers:

ssblackss

Archived