03, 04, 05 & 06 Differences?

FlyinTurbo

Only thing I can suggest is go test drive a rwd and awd model and compare them. That is the only difference, 03's came fully loaded. SIss was introduced only for 06 and they added the name classic to 07's which are leftover 06's. Their were very few interior options to choose/not to choose; cloth, onstar.

The brakes in the rear were changed I believe on 05s-07s.

03s are the only year model Sss that requires a fuel filter change.

the changes are in 2005 they offered 2wd still had some awd. 2006-2007 all the sss were 2wd and had a diffrent grill and hood, also 2005 and up the trucks came with e-fans from the factory. also the 2wd sss came with rear brake drums instead of disc brakes

Edited by McMahan (see edit history)

I am looking for an AWD only, no 2wd trucks. I've driven the AWD (put well over 100k miles on one) and really want to know things like brakes and cooling fan changes between the years.

So, if I understand correctly, the 2005 MY had 4 wheel disk brakes in the AWD version and drums on the rear in the 2WD version? Also the 2005 made the change to electric cooling fans?

Are there any major changes to anything else?

I am looking for an AWD only, no 2wd trucks. I've driven the AWD (put well over 100k miles on one) and really want to know things like brakes and cooling fan changes between the years.

So, if I understand correctly, the 2005 MY had 4 wheel disk brakes in the AWD version and drums on the rear in the 2WD version? Also the 2005 made the change to electric cooling fans?

Are there any major changes to anything else?

If you want a AWD 05 is the newest you can go. All the AWD versions have 4 disc braked, and yes 2005 with e-fans. I think in 06 and 07 they offered cloth bench seats, and maybe even in 05. Also 05 has the sunroof option.

You know mine is still for sale, if you would like it :D

Edited by diggerdan11 (see edit history)

If you want a AWD 05 is the newest you can go. All the AWD versions have 4 disc braked, and yes 2005 with e-fans. I think in 06 and 07 they offered cloth bench seats, and maybe even in 05. Also 05 has the sunroof option.

You know mine is still for sale, if you would like it :D

Refresh my memory again, please. What do you have? How much, etc.?!

-'05+ had e-fans and a 145amp alternator

-RWD models have a 14 bolt rear, 3.73 ratio, AWD drive models have a 10 bolt rear with 4.10s front and rear

-in 2004 chrome wheels became an option, then standard in 2005

-in 2003, the in dash 6 CD changer was optional, became standard in 2004

-along with the change to drum brakes and RWD(mid 2005), the front brake rotors were upgraded from 12" to 13"

-'06-'07 SSSs had a revised grill shell and "Powerdome" HD hood

-'04+ models have a returnless fuel system

-'05+ had an optional sunroof

-'05+ had an optional no frills cloth interior

-'03-'04 had optional digital HVAC, standard from '05 on

-RWD models have a 2 piece steel driveshaft, AWD models have an alluminum rear drive shaft

-933 unit Intimidator appearance package available in '06

-Arrival Blue available in '03-'04, replaced by Silver Birch Metallic in '05

-'05+ had e-fans and a 145amp alternator

-RWD models have a 14 bolt rear, 3.73 ratio, AWD drive models have a 10 bolt rear with 4.10s front and rear

-in 2004 chrome wheels became an option, then standard in 2005

-in 2003, the in dash 6 CD changer was optional, became standard in 2004

-along with the change to drum brakes and RWD(mid 2005), the front brake rotors were upgraded from 12" to 13"

-'06-'07 SSSs had a revised grill shell and "Powerdome" HD hood

-'04+ models have a returnless fuel system

-'05+ had an optional sunroof

-'05+ had an optional no frills cloth interior

-'03-'04 had optional digital HVAC, standard from '05 on

-RWD models have a 2 piece steel driveshaft, AWD models have an alluminum rear drive shaft

-933 unit Intimidator appearance package available in '06

-Arrival Blue available in '03-'04, replaced by Silver Birch Metallic in '05

Nice post Dan :cheers: :cheers:

When compared to the "normal" Silverado SS, the Intimidator is more than just a badge package. It will include a lowered ride height, performance suspension, two-stage multi-leaf springs, Tenneco shocks, a stiffer front stabilizer bar and harder front jounce bumpers. It will also be rear wheel drive with a 3.73 locking rear differential. Unfortunately, this will not be unique to the Intimidator, a GM representative says that every model year 2006 Silverado SS will be twisting only the rear wheels.

The Intimidator package was more than just an "appearance" package....there was also suspension differences.

Sorry brobrad, just meant Silverado Intimidator Super Sport (SIss). Just like Sss=silveado super sport. I was also glad to see you post the package difference in the Indimidator SS vs Sss than just the badging. I was reading specifics about them the other day and wanted to double check, and you confirmed it. Thank you. :cheers::chevy: