Hope This Works

ShortBus

I don't turn to you guys for much, but sometimes it helps to just let things out. My dad has a pretty rare disease called Wegners, and some of you old timers remember the times I've had with him in and out of hospitals and such. Well he's lost 100% of his kidney function and has been on Dialysis now full time for 9 months. We've been to the hospital 4 times now for transplants that have fallen through at the last minute do to kidney type mismatchs. We have another one scheduled for next week that hopefully is a go.

So I looked through all of the charity stuff to raise awareness about kidney diseases and most of them were not my style. Golf tournys walks ect. I finally found one worthy of what an SS owner would do. Here's the website. http://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorP...supId=267840671

Do what you can, I'm not expecting anything but something is better then nothing. Plus it's my dumbass that's gonna jump off a 200ft building. I'm not worried to much about the rappel, it's the sudden stop at the end.:P

yes they did. He was part of the clinical trial program through John's Hopkins hospital. One of the drugs they gave him had an interacton with another and he lost his kidneys from 45% to 0% in a week.

I'm so sorry to hear that man, it sucks to take something to make you better and have it make it worse. Don't lose hope; I honestly feel mental status has a large impact on recovery... If I was even close to caught up on my bills you would have a large donation from me, but unfortunately I can't even keep my head above water right now.... I'm very sorry.

I guess he had to sign off legal rights because it was a "trial" program? (if he didn't hit them hard with a lawyer, then agree to drop the claim in return for Class A treatments at no cost)... it may just work. They may try to bury you in paperwork, but if that offer comes up they may bite as it's cheaper for them...

BUMP.

So sorry brother.

Edited by page305 (see edit history)

I don't know you, but I know that my family is more important to me than anything else in the world. As a member of this site, you are family to me as well. I hope that everything works out in the best possible manner for you, if you need to talk feel free to send me a PM. My wife and I are praying for you and yours. Donation sent. :cheers:

Thank you very much for your donation. They have found a living donor for my dad as part of a kidney swap. He goes in the hospital on tuesday for a scheduled transplant. We just have to hope his body doesn't reject it.

fantastic news, please keep us in the loop

:cheers: