Silverado SSC

Andy03SS

My local Chevy dealer has a Silverado in the lot with a SSC logo on it. There's an extra sticker on the window describing the dealer-installed SSC option. It includes 20" chrome wheels, deflectors for hood and windows, bed liner, soft tonneau cover, dual mufflers, and dual rear-exit tail pipes. All for just 5,999.99. It seems like you could add those options for less.

And what does SSC stand for? :confused:

Dealer-installed options or packages are ALWAYS a rip-off. They usually mark that stuff up anywhere from 500 to 1000% or more. I once worked for a dealer who charged an extra $595.00 for a "protection package", it was added to the sticker of every new car. Bear in mind, they already have to detail it before it goes out on the lot or in the showroom. Now they are charging the customer $595 for that same detail (yes, everything the package claimed to do was bogus). The detail shop manager even told me that there's only about $20 in each detail job, and $15 of that is labor.

Then there was the "Lumina SS" (somewhere around 1992 I think)... all it was was a decal package that the dealer paid $75 for some guy to install (and I bet he made about $60 profit on that deal!) on a stock Lumina. There was even TV commercials about it, available at Florida and South Georgia Chevy dealers. They were charging people $999.00 for this! :eek: (and yes, I hate fake SS's!)

Bottom line: it's not always good idea to believe everything a car dealer says! Well, that's actually the sales side of the operation... service and parts people are always more down-to-earth.

I forgot to add that the SSC package also has chrome step rails, but it still doesn't add up to 6 grand! I think it brought the total price for the 5.3 liter Silverado up to 38k. :wtf:

I think GMC trucks advertise a Sierra with a Pro Sport package, similar to this SSC add-on.

The real SS model is the only way to go! ...and go! ...and go! :thumbs:

I want to take my 87 camaro Sport Coupe (SC) and turn it into a Super Sport (which would make it a SSC, Super Sport Coupe) I even drew up the badging, but that's the only SSC I've ever heard of (which I made up)...

It's amazing what people can be convinced of!

Isn't that the truth. I'm stunned sometimes when I hear what some folks fall for. Barnum had it right when he said there is a sucker born every minute. Which reminds me.....anybody out there want to buy my new book, " How to purchase and completely mod out a brank new SS for under $5,000?

Edited by Lee (see edit history)

• 16 years later...
On 5/10/2004 at 1:06 PM, Andy03SS said:

My local Chevy dealer has a Silverado in the lot with a SSC logo on it. There's an extra sticker on the window describing the dealer-installed SSC option. It includes 20" chrome wheels, deflectors for hood and windows, bed liner, soft tonneau cover, dual mufflers, and dual rear-exit tail pipes. All for just 5,999.99. It seems like you could add those options for less.

And what does SSC stand for? :confused:

SSCstands for super sport concept