06 Iss Sunroof Wont Shut All Way?!?!

nastyhabit

Well things have gone pretty good with this truck 1 year , 4 months 20,000 miles

Dealer still hasn't gotten it right with the possessed heated driver seat though....

And yesterday the sunroof won't shut all the way??!?!? Tried several times and still the same today. It was all the way open and when I went to close it the glass panel stops short like when You have it in vent mode.

Anyone able to chime in on WTF happened? I am out of warrantee but figure maybe there was a TSB?

I just want to arm myself with some info before showing up at dealer.

Thanks a bunch!!!

Here is my thread on it, sounds like the same issue I have.....

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=56270

Be prepared for an expensive fix since you are out of warranty...I pulled the fuse on mine, it is now a skylight until I have the funds to fix it.

My sun roof did this the other day to I couldn't get it to shut so finally I was going 70 down the road and opened it all the way and then shut it and it shut all the wan and has worked fine scence

Well thanks guys -

I'll look at those arms - somewhere else in my online research there was a long thread with same content about the arms. Different GM product

So I'm crossing my fingers I can have somebody help push it shut and turn mine into a skylight too. Before the damn storm hits later today....

Thanks for the help - here's a pic from when I discovered the problem. Two days ago while on a two ferry trip to p/u our new 1969 pop up.....

IMG_7404.jpg

Well thanks guys -

I'll look at those arms - somewhere else in my online research there was a long thread with same content about the arms. Different GM product

So I'm crossing my fingers I can have somebody help push it shut and turn mine into a skylight too. Before the damn storm hits later today....

It isn't hard to do, just takes 2 people to do it, a little forward pressure on the arms and she'll bring herself all the way down......let me know if you need the info on which fuse to pull......

It isn't hard to do, just takes 2 people to do it, a little forward pressure on the arms and she'll bring herself all the way down......let me know if you need the info on which fuse to pull......

Fireman please tell me which fuse when you have a chance

I drove to dealer today - service mgr I dealt with on prior heated seat issue not avail - "in a meeting"

So I ran through the whole shabang with new to me guy and he says lets schedule it in for a look.

I take him out to show him, explain all the online buzz, tell him no way I can afford the repair since I'm out of work since March.... and he says that "at the end of the day it should be taken care of"

That seems too easy - truck has not been in since it was still in warrantee. Maybe warrantee rep is easy? Maybe my truck will have 8000 miles less on the clock when they look at it for the sunroof?

I dunno....

Anyways I tried closing it a half dozen times and voila - it closed!!!!!

LOVE IT

• 2 weeks later...

mine did the same thing. took it to the dealer yesterday and they are puting a new one in for me. i bought extended warranty so the only out of pocket expense is $100.00 deductable :D i havent had any issues with the seat heater so i guess i will cross my fingers on that one. 43k miles on it now and sunroof is the ONLY problem ive had. I LOVE this truck!!