Transmission Work

making some changes to the post.

shift kit:

servo's:

where did you get your kit?

who installed it for you?

uses of the truck?

what torque converter do you have?

any other transmission modifications you have done/had done to your truck...

sometimes it's hard to find a location near you to have transmission work performed or find where to order them from. if you don't have one yet, this is a good place to ask opnions on what to use and how hard an insall was or how the service was at the shop you had it done yet. (no direct advertising, but mentioning a name and location will cover it).

I just purchased the corvette servo and shift kit from jagperformance.com today. Total was $151 with shipping.

I do not plan to haul much more than a small trailer with my two dirt bikes and I do not plan on a converter modification.

Anyone have a good place near Royal Oak, MI to have the shift kit installed?

Anyone know where to get the accumulator piston part and the part number?

Thank you for your help!

I got the Transgo HD-2, series B kit and corvette servo.

It bought it from and had it installed by Joe at JAG Performance in San Antonio. It has 2 spacers installed.

I have the Yank Pro Truck 3000 converter, also installed by JAG.

I don't plan on doing any towing with the truck so it was not a concern, but Yank claims you can still tow with the PT3000.

Edited by slimsoftball (see edit history)

I have the Transgo HD-2, series B, shift kit and corvette servo.

I bought it from JAG Performance in San Antonio. It has 2 spacers installed.

I have the Yank TT2600 converter.

Both are self- installed.

Moderate towing 2-3K pounds (boat).

I have the Transgo HD-2, series B kit and corvette servo.

It bought it from and had it installed by Joe at JAG Performance in San Antonio. 2 spacers

Stock converter

Daily driver (about 30K a year). Very little towing.

Orderd a shift-kit, corvette 1-2 servo and an accumulator piston, don't know if there are instructions with it to install :confused: . Will install it myself, have a 2pillar autolift. Not sure wat trans-oil i can buy overhere.

I use the truck daily and am not sure with the shift-kit if you have many choice about setting it up.

One time i put a shiftkit in my malibu and let the spring out, in the corners i was afraid to put it in another gear because the rear broke out.....

• 2 weeks later...

I have the Superior Billet Super Servos, bought from Zippy, installed by Bill in Maine(what an ordeal!! :jester: ) How hard is it to replace the accumulator valve or is it necesary on a stock tranny with only the Billet servos? No towing for me, I plan on getting a boat, but, not really sure when with my house being built in 6 months.

shift kit: TransGo HD

servo's: Billet

where did you get your kit? Joe at JAG in San Antonio

who installed it for you? Joe at JAG in San Antonio

uses of the truck? daily driver, occasionally tow our boat weighing 6200lbs.

what torque converter do you have? Custom 2800 (actually just over 3200) from the Converter Shop.

any other transmission modifications you have done/had done to your truck... Built Tranny with overdrive billet servo as well, Zpak X-32 Extreme 3-4 clutch pack, Red 2-3 clutch pack, and Raybestos Pro Series Kevlar Bands, pinless accumulator piston, and 3-2 kickdown springs. I think there were some other things, don't remember off hand. Basically, same upgrades Slimsoftball has installed.

Edited by MustBBrent (see edit history)

I have the Superior Billet Super Servos, bought from Zippy, installed by Bill in Maine(what an ordeal!! :jester: )

Hey rdss,

I have both the Superior Billet Super Servos, bought from Zippy, installed by Bill in Maine too! Bill and I got together at my house and he did them in my truck while I ported his throttle body in his truck! Shifts real firm, but the adaptive learn of the 4L65E smoothed the shifts out a bit after 100 miles or so. Anybody else notice that?

Butch 02 Sierra Denali

shift kit: Transgo HD and alluminum acc.piston 2 washers 1-2 shift hits hard

servo's: Corvette billet servo

where did you get your kit? Jag Performance

who installed it for you? Joe at Jag Performance

uses of the truck? daily driver 20-30k/yr light haul no towing

what torque converter do you have? stock

any other transmission modifications you have done/had done to your truck...

fliud change and filter change with shift kit thats all