04 5.3 vs new 2wd 6.0ho

02silverado48

My buddy got his 04 ext cab 2wd 6.0 silverado couple of weeks ago and its a sweet truck so now now that he gots a few break in miles on it we decided to put my 04 ext cab 5.3 2wd up against it and we are both completly stock we hit it from the light and we were neck to neck as if i was racing another 5.3 and both of us had minimal wheel spin (was excpecting the 6.0 to light the tires up) then we hit the freeway there was no traffic so we hit it from about 40mph we were neck to neck again until about 95mph when my truck started to die and then he pulled me only after my governor kicked in by about a truck and i also raced a blue sss a few weeks back from about a 50 till bout 75mph and i pulled him by like half a fender guessing he was stock also

:confused: That's surprising.

"...but you'd be surprised how fast a Chevrolet truck could go."

-Steve Earl

P.S.: Take that governor off! ;)

Deebo

02Silverado48,

No joke, my dad has got a 04 5.3L extended cab and that thing runs real good. I was very surprised that is ran as close as it did to my stock SS when I got it a year ago. Very fast for non SS model..... :chevy:

Uhh, I'm confused.

Your saying that two identical trucks, one with the 6.0 HO, and one with the 5.3 ran neck and neck? That doesnt make any sense at all......

Dont get me wrong the 5.3 is a runnin little beast, but I cant see both engines in the same truck, running the same times.

Is there something about his truck that makes it heavier than yours?

My brother has an 03 SS(dual cutouts). I had too go pick him up one night(so i took his truck) and my friend in his 03 ex cab 2wd silverado with the 5.3, cai,shorty headers cutout, followed my. We lined up on the highway(late and no one out) hit it from ~28, almost at the exact same time, the SS jumped out about 3ft and stayed there until 60 where my friend started pulling and by about 80 he was about 1/2 in front. From a dead stop we nailed it and my friend was at the back of my tailgate, he stayed right there until about 75 and and by 85 i had about a car maybe 1 1/2 on him.

Archived