'03 Starting To Seem Old

Chevrolet SS

So I have an '03 SSS bought in '06 I have 80,000 miles on the truck and its starting to really get to me because it dosent seem new and nice anymore, people still always say "Hey NICE Truck" and stuff when they see it, but a lot of little things, I've noticed couple small spots where the paint is comming off the dash, heated seats bottons wearing out, sw control bottons showing wear, lots of little things. I guess the truck is about 7 years old.... kinnda sucks too cuz I really like the truck, and the only thing I could see buying new would be a new camaro ss which kills me having a truck (which i do use it for some) a newer vette (out of the price range) or a new duramax lifted with all the bells and whistles (also out of the price range). Sorry for the rant :uhoh:

I know what you mean. My dash is flaking, driver seat leather is wore through, radio buttons are white, heated seat buttons are missing their color. Steering wheel is not smooth, the plastic around the steering wheel between the dash and steering wheel does not snap into place anymore. The holders where the window buttons are are both busted, or loose.

My Dad has a 1997 chev with 310,000kms and the interior is perfect compared to my truck. And Dad's truck is used as a farm truck, greasy coveralls, hands covered in grease and gas often, always dusty and dirty, rarely cleaned. Seems these new vehicles are made WAY to cheaply.

The amount of electrical problems I have had since I bought my truck makes me wish I had a 1986 Chev 4x4. We'll see after my 3500km trip the next 10 days how my truck works otherwise it will be gone down the road!

i was going trough the samething with my old truck, a 1999 GMC sierra, the dash was peeling off and small things like that, but the one thing that always turnd out nice was the paint, that truck is 10 years old adn she looks new, i take the extra step to take care of my ss, eventhough it is a 2006 model, (actually 2005, they just say 06 :uhoh: , i dont know why lol) i trie to wash her at least four times a month, i bought a cover for it and i trie to park it were nobody will notice it ( hard to do lol)

you just have to put a little bit of elbow grease in to keep her in mint condition. :chevy:

I don't know... mine is an '03, and while it doesn't look new, I think it has held up well. I take care of it, but I'm not a fanatic. I hope to have it for a long time yet too. :chevy:

:withstupid: when i get some extra money saved up im gonna buy some things to hopefully make it last longer like a dash cover, gm seat towels/covers.

^^^^couldnt say it better Nash. I have even contemplated adding the plastic running boards as Ive been advised that they will keep alot of sand/salt/mud/grime off the side of the truck along with some mud guards.

I am an absolute fanatic about mine looking near new, almost OCD about it. With the exception of some stone chips, a few scratches, and some wear on the steering wheel spokes, she looks like she came out of the show room...just don't look in the bed(I do use her as a truck too, there are a few dents/scratches). I intend to keep mine indefinitely and never plan to part ways with her. :wub: She puts a smile on my face every time I drive her, even though she has been a real PITA lately......

If you're not a "Detailin Guru" like some are on here, take the girl to the truck spa and buy her a nice in/out detail, a sparkling fresh SS is a thing of beauty, and refreshes the mind! :D

amen!! nothing like spending 25 bucks and gettin a NEW truck!

Its all how you take care of things........I know my SS doesnt see much action...but my daily D is a 97 Blazer with 235k on the clock and its in great shape still. Routine cleaning and maintinance will go along way!

Its all how you take care of things........I know my SS doesnt see much action...but my daily D is a 97 Blazer with 235k on the clock and its in great shape still. Routine cleaning and maintinance will go along way!

yeah, if maintenance is hauling a greasy, coolant spilling engine in the back of it. jackass!