1/8 Mile Times

bad2006z71

Hey guys, with a tempature of 78degs my 2006 ran a 9.83 @ 73.5 mph.

all ive got is a K&N intake, replacement flowmaster, and a blackbear tune.

im running 295/70/17's on stock alloy wheels.

i was just wondering how this compares to other sss or vortec max's?

thanks guys

That isn't bad at all for this time of year and for the mods you have. :thumbs:

For comparison, my SSS runs the 1/8th in 8.7 @ 79 and is modified alot heavier then your truck....

yea it finally got to about 78deg (according to my mirror so who knows what it really was) but it was pretty humid.

ive been looking around junk yards for a set of spare alloy or steel factory wheels so i could put some cheap 265's back on it for the track. the 295's have got to be slowing it down a little.

anyone know how the SSS and vortec max's are doing against the Hemi's? i know they are around the same power output.

yea it finally got to about 78deg (according to my mirror so who knows what it really was) but it was pretty humid.

ive been looking around junk yards for a set of spare alloy or steel factory wheels so i could put some cheap 265's back on it for the track. the 295's have got to be slowing it down a little.

anyone know how the SSS and vortec max's are doing against the Hemi's? i know they are around the same power output.

I really do not think tire width is hurting you, if anything it is tire diameter. You would probably benefit from a 28" diameter tire/rim as apposed to the stockers.

Stock vs. stock, SSS and V-Max's will pull on Hemi's right from a dig. :chevy::driving:

thats about a low 15 in the 1/4mile give or a take alittle!!

in cooler better weather this winter your times will be much better.

yea thats what i figured. i found a 1/4 conversion calculator online and it said my time came out to about 15.3 in the 1/4 mile. i know they arent completely accurate but at least its a ballpark figure.

with my mods, cooler weather, is it possible to hit 9.5's in the 1/8 mile?

Hey guys, with a tempature of 78degs my 2006 ran a 9.83 @ 73.5 mph.

all ive got is a K&N intake, replacement flowmaster, and a blackbear tune.

im running 295/70/17's on stock alloy wheels.

i was just wondering how this compares to other sss or vortec max's?

thanks guys

I think you should be quicker especially with a tune. Completely stock I ran a 9.64 @ 73.52 mph on 20 inch wheels.

I ran alot of Hemi's and I was quicker every time.

Edited by Nxtnlne (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

I ran my 04 ss back in march completely stock except for the k&n intake kit no tune or anything. It was about 70 degrees. quickest time was a 9.61 im sure it helped being awd to but i cant wait to see what it does with just a good tune.

a shorter tire will benefit you alot . especially in the 1/8th mile . throw some tires about 26-27 diameter and you run alot faster. youll lose top end but youll rip it out of the hole . youll need a tune for that too. ( shift points/tire size )

well this past friday, i did a little better: 9.72 @74.46mph. it was still high 70's and alot of humidity at the track so the conditions were the same as my previous 9.83 @ 73.49mph.

only difference was Justin added a little more fuel to the tune due to it being a little lean and i added a soft top bed cover. so its slowly getting there.

got my LPP headers in, just need to get around to installing them.

• 10 years later...
  • 5 months later...

My 03 in stock form ran like this:

1/8 = 9.683

1/4 = 15.339  @86.27mph

=============================

1/8 = 9.703

1/4 = 15.466  @86.08mph

1/8 = 9.733

1/4 = 15.374  @76.90mph