LOUD exhaust?

Ok, I'm a part of the typical stereo type: "Young people like loud things"

I have a Corsa Sport system with JBA shorty headers on my H2 right now, and it's actually pretty damned loud, but I want my SS to be as loud as possible, to me it says "Outta my way! Coming through!" What are my options? It seems Corsa and B&B (I think...its late and I have a bottle of JD...) are the only companies to produce exhaust sytems for our trucks, oh and gibson I think, any others? I'm thinking right now a set of long tube headers and a couple of Flowmaster Super 40's might give me the sound I'm looking for, on top of some HP gain, any suggestions? I like a LOUD throaty/mean sound, none of this "I want quieter then stock" BS...No offense to those who prefer quieter exhausts. Any corvette/F-Body owners/enthusiasts will know what I'm talking about when I say: I want the equivelant to the SLP Loudmouths for the SS.

Get electric cutouts :D

The loudest exhaust systems I have heard are flowmaster and magnaflows. The Corsa is very loud, but only when you step on it. Spintech mufflers are pretty loud also. The spintech sounds really good with some longtubes, superport has that setup and it sounds nice. You also might consider dumping it too to make it louder.

I have a 2 1/2" Magnaflow X-Pipe with Flowmanster 3 chamber Delta Flows and it is dumped off the mufflers. It sounds great and if you used a set of 40's, it would give you exactly what your looking for, plus, I like the clean looke of no tail pipes and the dumps give me that.

C.K.

I had a stainless specialties 3" dual in/out. That setup with factory pipe. It ran 300 bucks. Wow it had a nasty sound. Made my engine sound like it was rolling a huge cam, roared when you hit it, rumbled and gave a rhaspy snapping when you got off the gass. I took mine off it was way to much. I am now with the magnaflow kinda quite.

My last truck was a 96 1500. I took the muffler off, ran true dual exhaust (straight pipes in place of the muffler), way too loud and raspy. Ended up putting a H-pipe in to quiet it down without effecting the dual exhaust. It's still pretty load. I sold it to my dad.

With my long tubes, no cats and dual spintechs, it doesnt get much louder than that, unless you just dont run mufflers :D

huh..? :jester:

Sorry, I typed that in a hurry. It didnt make much sense but I think you understand what I was saying

Ill try and get a video of my truck so you guys can hear it

Archived