Valvoline"engine 300,000 Miles Guarantee"

Welll i was at work the other day and one of my boys came up to me talking about Valvolines new offer he signed up for at Pepboys, so i decided to do some browsing and here is what they are offering for using there Synthetic brand of oil. "Beginning May 2009, if you register your vehicle here before it has 75,000 miles, change your oil every 3,000 miles using Valvoline (either yourself or through a qualified service provider), we'll guarantee your engine for up to 300,000 miles. No other motor oil offers this guarantee … but then again, they're not Valvoline!" I was just curios what others got to say about it im a little iffy about. I'm using Royal Purple right now im 04 Silverado Vho Let me know. Thanks

Edited by superchevything (see edit history)

though there has been many advances in oils I wouldnt say an oil is gonna make a engine last 300,000 miles. it all depends on how the engine is used whether its daily, towing, or offroading I wouldnt switch to a different oil because of that. some oil companys you just know are better and I believe in the whole you get what you pay for so........

Edited by NashSS (see edit history)

Using synthetic and changing it every 3K miles? I bet it would last a little longer. With the profit they would turn the could afford to replace the entire vehicle! We drive Chevy's! Change it once a year with the cheapest stuff on the shelf and it'll still make it to 300K miles!

mobil 1 ftw

I just changed my oil to the sythetic Mobil 1 today. I have heard a lot of good remarks about it. I also used a AC Delco PF61 filter. It seemed a lot longer then my previous Fram.