Gutted My Cats But Sounds Bad..

tburkdoll

Alright guys well i gutted my stock cats and i dont like the sound they make. I have Corsa Sport exhaust and i wanted it louder and its louder now but at slow acceleration it sounds cluttery like an old farm truck (very shitty). Also not a fan of the blackend tips i get. I'm lookin to cut the cats out and put something in that wont be as restrictive as stock but will help clean my sound up. Any ideas ??? HELP PLEASE!!! :banghead:

Edited by SweetSS24 (see edit history)

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the same problem a few years ago when I had the cats gutted on my wifes V8 Cougar,,sounded like the exhaust was running through a soda can, I ended up putting on new cats, I doubt you'll stop that sound without either deleting them or replacing them. Gutted cats just sound that way.

Weld a piece of exhaust pipe right thru them. So it looks like there is a cat there but just straight exhaust thru them. Just my thoughts :D

lol yeah but i think magnaflow has my answer....will the 2.5 inch cats work i can get em at a local shop for 70 bucks a piece?

It runs fine but sounds shitty..i think its the air flowing into the empty cats...

i think the way the cats are shaped makes it sound bad. thats why i deleted mine its just a straight shot to my mufflers

now Im curious. what would be the best high flow replacement cats for our trucks?

like part number and what not. I think mine might get damaged *cough* and need replacing.

cause im tellin ya, When Justin tuned my truck and said my corsa sport sounded like the touring muflfler.. yeah... ouch lol.

Edited by Badkarma (see edit history)