8000k Drl

Red Diablo

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The DRL's are a 4114. Same as the 3157, they just don't run as hot....there is a easier and cheaper way to get the same look. White LED's are close and they have them as replacement bulb. The other benefits are they run cooler and last way longer. Kinda gives it that new Audi look :wink:

Got mine on ebay for around $38 ...link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4114-Hyper-...sQ5fAccessories

post-19289-1259977916_thumb.jpg

post-19289-1259977943_thumb.jpg

post-19289-1259977956_thumb.jpg

post-19289-1259977971_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
Damn guys relax,it was my first post,ok so here are my pics and heres the how to.

tools and parts needed

H6M Hid Bulb Kit( I sell them just ask me)

dremel

crazy glue

clear silicone

1st remove the drl's and cut the factory harness off.

2nd remove the light bulbs

3rd bore out the middle section of the light bulb holster(that the part where you connect your original bulb into)

4th stick the H6M Bulb in there and it fits perfectly in there,now throw some crazy glue around the edges between the plastic and the metal of the hid bulb and let it sit for about 5 min or so depending on how the weather is,after it dries you will see that the bulb is stuck on very tight now throw a little silicone around it and you are sealed.

5th now insert your bulb just like factory back into the OEM hole and youre done

6th wire up the Ballast + & -,oh and they will not flicker at all,i have had them for about 1 yr already and never have flickered

I Live in Los Angeles and just about every silverado pulls up to me and ask hey what kind of light bulbs are those,but when i say HID they never want to pay for the MOD,hey it cost 149 shipped,includes 2 ballast,2 bulbs,and a couple of wire ties,1 yr warranty,now im not sure if you can find this kit elsewhere its pretty rare due to the fact that the bulb is used on Yamaha Rhino's and Quads etc.its the same thing as a regular HID Kit,its just a different type of bulb,look at the pic and tell me what you think.

Great license plate!

• 1 year later...

Hey man I see your running LED bulbs on your high beams. Did you need to install an inline resistor or just plug and play? I'm thinking about installing some on my DRL and turn signals, I know you need a resistor for the blinking function to work but wasnt sure about the regular lighting function...?

The DRL's are a 4114. Same as the 3157, they just don't run as hot....there is a easier and cheaper way to get the same look. White LED's are close and they have them as replacement bulb. The other benefits are they run cooler and last way longer. Kinda gives it that new Audi look :wink:

Got mine on ebay for around $38 ...link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4114-Hyper-...sQ5fAccessories

post-19289-1259977916_thumb.jpg

post-19289-1259977943_thumb.jpg

post-19289-1259977956_thumb.jpg

post-19289-1259977971_thumb.jpg