8000k Drl

Red Diablo

hey guys i finaly did thid mod ive been wanting to do to my Truck,i installed Hids in my DRL's without rewiring,now it wasnt that hard but not that easy,if you want more info HIT ME UP,

p.s it looks sick during the day,8k fogs on and 8k DRL's,Jaws droppin everywhere

I'll help him out. Here's where I put mine. I took off the fan shroud cover and bolted and velcrowed the balast's under the plastic piece attached to the grill. It's the best place for them. They stay away from the heat of the motor and is up by the grill, so they can get cooled by the incoming air.

DSC02650.jpg

DSC02649.jpg

Damn guys relax,it was my first post,ok so here are my pics and heres the how to.

tools and parts needed

H6M Hid Bulb Kit( I sell them just ask me)

dremel

crazy glue

clear silicone

1st remove the drl's and cut the factory harness off.

2nd remove the light bulbs

3rd bore out the middle section of the light bulb holster(that the part where you connect your original bulb into)

4th stick the H6M Bulb in there and it fits perfectly in there,now throw some crazy glue around the edges between the plastic and the metal of the hid bulb and let it sit for about 5 min or so depending on how the weather is,after it dries you will see that the bulb is stuck on very tight now throw a little silicone around it and you are sealed.

5th now insert your bulb just like factory back into the OEM hole and youre done

6th wire up the Ballast + & -,oh and they will not flicker at all,i have had them for about 1 yr already and never have flickered

I Live in Los Angeles and just about every silverado pulls up to me and ask hey what kind of light bulbs are those,but when i say HID they never want to pay for the MOD,hey it cost 149 shipped,includes 2 ballast,2 bulbs,and a couple of wire ties,1 yr warranty,now im not sure if you can find this kit elsewhere its pretty rare due to the fact that the bulb is used on Yamaha Rhino's and Quads etc.its the same thing as a regular HID Kit,its just a different type of bulb,look at the pic and tell me what you think.

post-18137-1243635049_thumb.jpg

Damn dude, you did all that just to mount them? Mine was easy, only took me about 1/2, and away I go!! No Indy, you can't see them at all.

He installed HIDs in place of DRLs so there was fabrication needed. Your sig says you have PIAA extremes so they aint HIDs right? Not trying to be an ass, just trying to clarify

i think that 1fast was just showing his lo beam hid's.there was a mix up and confusion at the beginnig of the post.

idk about all that work for drl's, and besides, what happens when the bulb takes a shit? that's a lotta work.

no not alot of work at all,this is all plug n play stuff,just remove the glue and reglue new one oh and also hids are suppose to last from 3,000 to 5,000 hrs now thats probably more than what we will ever drive our trucks

He installed HIDs in place of DRLs so there was fabrication needed. Your sig says you have PIAA extremes so they aint HIDs right? Not trying to be an ass, just trying to clarify

It's cool, but I guess you didn't read my whole sig. where it says 8000 HID conversion kit.

These

DSC00445.jpg

DSC00442.jpg

Edited by 1 Fast SS (see edit history)